Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'G3' started by Jon Nazareth, 19 April 2015.
Getting there .
I trust you're building a pair so in true Brighton fashion there's one behind the loco and the other at the end of the train .
Ha ha ha, tomorrow I'm hoping to start fitting it out.
Finished, at last. I changed the buffers by machining off the fronts and fixing some ebony on with araldite, much better. I think that I'll do the same with the wagon on the left. I did have some problems with the transfers as, with microsol, I couldn't get them to float into palace very well as they seemed to want to stay just where they first landed. So, I tried using water only and, hey presto, it worked. If some look a bit wonky, it's because they are for reasons explained above.
Just playing . They are all LB&SCR and because they are so early, the two in front of the brake van didn't carry any lettering. However, the one on the far left did and now that I'm getting the hang of this transfer malarkey, I'm going to have a go.
The wagons and brake van are very good Jon .
Just need a Stroudley C or an elderly Craven 0-6-o goods loco......
This is the last wagon requiring transfers and, as mentioned above, I'm only going to make early wagons that didn't have any lettering, just the number plate.
This picture looked much better in my file so, it's a pity that we can't upload them a little larger.
P.S. I added this close up after my comments.
You can do, Jon,
Anything up to about 1000 pixels wide seems to work okay for me, and It'd be nice to see your photos a little larger.
Steph, It does work! This is @ 1000 .
Attachments are limited to 1500x960 dpi and 10Mb - and I agree with this fine modelling larger photos are de rigueur.
It's much easier to see all the detail now!
The annoying thing is that just as all was finished, I discovered that this van had 5 link couplings, doh!
Never mind the couplings.. It's excellent.
Superb Jon, so much better when we can see what's going on