The last few days I've put diy onto the back burner and managed to get some time at the work bench. It's a simple and very non-finescale project turning an old Hornby Dublo trainset brake van into a freelance creation which might look ok in a light railway or industrial setting accompanying my Peckett. I had spent some time on the body getting rid of the ducket and filing out the gaps in the moulded on footsteps. Earlier tis morning I set about giving the body a coat of Halfords grey primer to get rid of the bright red plastic when I dropped the body and snapped off one of the footsteps. Never mind, I found the broken bits and put them to one side. After painting I tried the body on the shortened chassis then I had an idea and tried a different style of footstep from plastic strip mounted on the chassis. Much better than the moulded ones I thought. After the photos the remaining three body mounted footsteps were cut off and replaced by fabricated examples mounted on the chassis.