[4mm] Palbrick B Dia. 1/024 - a new kit

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Hello,

I don't know how many folk have seen this over there BR Palbrick B diagram 1/024 - Kitbuilding & Scratchbuilding.

Ian says it's "..aimed at the less experienced modeller."

Why is there no drooling emoticon?
I have one of Ian's Flatrol MVV's in my Pending shelf (It's been Pending for a while, but I'm patiently waiting for the Mojo to kick in this year) and I can certainly recommend his planning, attention to detail and supportive information.

Cheers

Jan

AJC

Western Thunderer
Oh yes. The result is that I feel rather guilty about the batch of four (yes, four) Palbricks that I've started to scratchbuild and have boxed up awaiting cooler weather/an outbreak of enthusiasm. Do I need a fifth, I wonder?

Adam

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Oh yes. The result is that I feel rather guilty about the batch of four (yes, four) Palbricks that I've started to scratchbuild and have boxed up awaiting cooler weather/an outbreak of enthusiasm. Do I need a fifth, I wonder?

Adam

Four? That's just greedy :)
Don't feel guilty - your output is consistent in both quantity and quality (high).

I've long-fancied a Palbrick (we have strange personal requirements down west of the Tamar :D) but the whitemetal ones go for seriously funny money on eBay, so I may don my swimmers and dive in at this one.

According to the S4 magazine, its NS, and comes in two forms:
one complete with castings (£23.80) and one without (£18.90). P&P is £3.00. Prototype info on CD-ROM is provided.

Cheers

Jan

AJC

Western Thunderer
Well it does look MUCH better that the whitemetal one (K's? Dad has one of these somewhere) or the Crownline version, for that matter.

Having knocked up one of Ian's Trestrols, I can vouch for the quality of the product, though again, that isn't 'finished' as it needs loading and that involves mucking about with tiny chains and shackles which I've just done for a Borail and it's a proper fiddle. Still, I enjoyed that sufficiently to get a couple of his 24.5 ton hoppers (as yet untouched)...

Adam

bogusman

Western Thunderer
Seen this kit in the latest scalefour news very tasty shame it's out of my time scale

Pete

iak63

Western Thunderer
Ian does some very fine kits, it is a shame his HUO etches now have the Accurascale beasties stealing the limelight. Mind he can supply all the variants of the BR coke diagrams - more to be ordered soon.
He has also done some bigger beasties - wibble...

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Ian does some very fine kits, it is a shame his HUO etches now have the Accurascale beasties stealing the limelight. Mind he can supply all the variants of the BR coke diagrams - more to be ordered soon.
He has also done some bigger beasties - wibble...

Nice.
Size is everything :D Trestrol's are waaay too big for Watkins Wharf!

Cheers

Jan

Last edited: