7mm Layout "Little Mill"

Hello all,
I have started a new 7mm layout in the Garage with a minimum radius of 6ft single track circle with a small yard off. Boards are complete, 9mm ply with soft wood supports.
It will be DCC, out of reach points operated with Cobalt slow action motors and those within reach in the yard manually.
All the point crossings will be live switched from the motors or in the yard with frog juicers.
index.php

A little more achieved today in the way of wiring points for live frogs and droppers installed up to the curved points forming the junction with the running line.
I do get a little nervous cutting and soldering around £50 points not to mention trimming sleepers to fit around point timbers.
The 6ft radius track laying template I obtained from "Model Railway Parts" has been a great help.
I should have explained the raison d'etre of the project at the start I suppose so here goes now.
It started with the idea of a plin 12 ft Dia test track just to run a train and watch it go bye.
It never seems to work that way and has expanded to include a small yard, loop on the main, simple loco servicing track and a Carriage siding, talk about scope creep!
I was fortunate to find the DCC system I use on the OO layout will be fine on the O gauge having the capacity of 3 amps which should be fine.
I had grown very familiar with my Roco Z21 for traction, programing and point control so that is a another bonus.
A couple of pics of today's work area with a work train.

adrian

Flying Squad
That looks like a nice little setup for the space available. A nice blank canvas to work with - is it going to be suburban or rural?

A blank canvas indeed I haven't decided on the surrounding area, the track plan probably fits both rural or suburban.
I had in my head to stick to a goods only line -well that didn't last long I now own some coaches and have a Kirk full brake to build.
The way I set about this layout was first to build the baseboards to fit into the available area the next step is to get the track down and fully working with the sole constraint being a 6ft radius.
Today was a bit slow, apparently I had volunteered to take she who thinks she is obeyed to a garden centre, oh such fun.
I did have time to add the droppers to the main bus and attach frog juicers to the points.
If I have remembered to attach the photo you will see that the blue and red wires pick up from the bus while the yellow goes to the frog and switches polarity on manual points to suit the route selected.

Attachments

• frogj.jpg
    frogj.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: