7mm NBL Diamonds Were Forever?

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
I bought this some years ago and rooting under the bed recently refound it, it was built by SB himself apparently.
First job will be to dismantle it and drop it in a bath of dirty cellulose thinners so watch this space.

I also bought recently an etch from him for a D600 for £26 so intend to build/rebuild the two together - eventually.

AlanD600  1rs.jpgd600  4rs.jpgd600  5rs.jpg

alcazar

I once used it to take the paint off a Subbuteo man, many years ago. He was going to be a spare, a replacement for one who got trodden on...I still think deliberately.
He didn't survive........looked like something off Dr Who.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Jeff, I suspect Mr Subbuteo man was plastic and not a resin, in which case your lucky you had anything left;)

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Alan, I did see those etches on Ebay, that's the second set to go up that I've seen, you got them at a good price but good luck with the castings that are missing, I bagged a Clayton class 17 and BTH class 15 also as etches only, suffice to say.....they will make interesting projects;)

An aid to scratch building would be a loose term I 'might' apply LOL.

Good luck and look forward to many pictures:thumbs:

alcazar

Mr Subbuteo man was polystyrene, sadly.

I moved on to up-ending them into a tub of Modelstrip, then replacing the lid. The next day, wash under running water with asn old toothbrush, and the paint all came off.

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Alan, I did see those etches on Ebay, that's the second set to go up that I've seen, you got them at a good price but good luck with the castings that are missing, I bagged a Clayton class 17 and BTH class 15 also as etches only, suffice to say.....they will make interesting projects;)

An aid to scratch building would be a loose term I 'might' apply LOL.

Good luck and look forward to many pictures:thumbs:

I did see one of the other etches go for £64 I think but mine is slightly damaged not a big problem. No instructions however even though it was mentioned in the ad and as usual no return correspondence from him! I did ask if he had any Cl.22 etches damaged or otherwise but again no reply!!

Al

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Bit more done but was sidetracked onto a mostly built RJH Class 47 which I started about seven years ago and just refound in a shoebox this I D600  2rs.jpg d600  3rs.jpg suppose should go in Area 51 but they did run on the Western so maybe nobody will notice? It will be County of Essex............ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.Brush four  2rs.jpg