7mm , Blackney, A Glimpse of the Forest

MarkR

Western Thunderer
Glad I'm not the only one that prefers transfers, not to mention a dislike of train station!!!

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
You say transfers and I say decals......................lets call the whole thing off ;)

Interestingly, according to t'interweb decal originates from the 19th century French décalcomanie, from décalquer ‘transfer a tracing’. The process of transferring designs from prepared paper onto glass or porcelain.

Other than the usual definitions of transfer (i.e. conveyance/moving) one of the British definitions is a small coloured picture or design on paper, which can be transferred to another surface by being pressed or heated.

And reverting to lay observer mode :eek: ..... it would appear based on the definitions decal is more appropriate for waterslide decals. However, the Pressfix and Methfix transfers are transfers as they require pressing onto the model.

The wonderful vagaries of the English language..... :)

Alan

Western Thunderer
Fitted the floorboards on the other side last night, no photos unfortunately. Only the lamp brackets to fit, but they can wait until after an short break and I've sent an order to Modelu for lamps hand figures which will happen when I get home next week.

Alan

Western Thunderer
I must apologise for not posting anything in the last three weeks, a holiday and then almost immediately attending a regatta has meant that modelling etc have been on hold. I am just about to get some bits from Modelu, drivers etc and when they arrive it will kick start me into getting the guards van finished.

jonte

Western Thunderer
I like the texture to your weathered chassis, Alan.

Glad to see you’re embracing the ‘premier’ scale too, Alan :)

Regards,

Jonte

matto21

Western Thunderer
Nice idea, and a subtle form of pre-shading.

Based on the photo, I'd say it was worth doing.

Matt

Alan

Western Thunderer
A little more progress on the 5 plank, Transfers applied. Note buffers only at one end as a spring or two has disappeared into the black hole that is the model room carpet. Luckily I am awaiting for some more to arrive.

transfers 1.jpg

transfers 2.jpg

Also I have started to weather the Toad and although not painted could not resist placing the guard on the veranda .

guard 1.jpg

guard 2.jpg

Alan

Western Thunderer
I've been in contact with Tim Horn and my baseboards will be ready for collection on Friday Great News. I now have to seriously think of what to do with Louville Lane my cameo layout. Unfortunately I do not have room to have it and Blakeney up at the same time. So it may have to be stored in the garage or sold. I am open to offers

Alan

Western Thunderer
Unfortunately things have come to a bit of pause at the moment, in tidying and emptying the garage to be able to store Louville Lane to make room for Blakeney I seem to have pulled a muscle in my upper right arm, so I think it wise to allow it time to recover before moving "The Lane" and changing the railway room round to erect the new baseboards, which I did manage to collect last Friday

Alan

Western Thunderer
I'm pleased to say that my arm is somewhat better and with the help of a couple of friends Louville Lane was moved out of the railway room to be stored in the garage until such time as somebody wishes to buy it. The last few days have been spent moving things around in the railway room so that Blakeney's boards can be erected. I've decided to use layout legs rather than the Screwfix type stands that the Lane was on. After or during their build I will be going through all the OO gauge stuff I've amassed over the last twenty years to see what needs throwing away and what I can hopefully sell. Hopefully by this time next week the new boards will be up and the room looking tidy again, for how long I don't know

Alex W

Western Thunderer
Hi Alan
As someone who has just invested in Screwfix type stands for his latest project, I'd be interested to hear why you have decided against them this time.
Alex