Albion Yard & Others

Discussion in 'Layout Progress' started by PMP, 20 September 2011.

Tags:
  1. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

Hi Tim,
    I’m doing two, this one will be 7444 of Carmarthen shed, the second will be a South Western engine either 45 or 46, yet to be decided.
    The supports are part of his normal range, and if not in stock, have a relatively short lead time as I understand.

2. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

F42C5793-615A-43F0-8D6B-482CB1B8E06A.jpeg
    Bit of a dull day on Shelfie2

AdeMoore, dibateg, chrisb and 28 others like this.
  3. NHY 581

NHY 581 Western Thunderer

Well, if that photo doesn' t inspire anyone to model industrial steam, I don't know what will.

Great photo, Paul.

Rob.

GrahameH, PMP, woolv and 1 other person like this.
  4. freelance7

freelance7 Western Thunderer

Wow, that photo has great atmosphere.

Paul

PMP, woolv and Geoff like this.
  5. Osgood

Osgood Western Thunderer

What a great photo - someone should make a model of that scene.

What?

Jordan, NHY 581, PMP and 5 others like this.
  6. keefr22

keefr22 Western Thunderer

What an absolutely superb piccie! And enlarged full size it looks even more realistic!

Keith

PMP likes this.
  7. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

A bit more woodland dropped into Shelfie2. The backscene and lights have all been changed in the past month, and were well received at a 2FS group meeting recently. A bit more work on the backscene to do and final details, then it’s on to Shelfie3, which has already had the station throat track work commenced. 03541EE9-598B-4AFF-916B-922E48DEC57B.jpeg

8. Captain Kernow

Captain Kernow Western Thunderer

Lovely, delicate touch with the trees and undergrowth, Paul. Looks quite autumnal. I do like the mud path coming down the bank, so typical.

Giles, NHY 581, ColPeake and 4 others like this.
  9. GrahameH

GrahameH Western Thunderer

Couldn't agree more with the above comments, simple but extremely effective and considered modelling skills employed.

NHY 581 and Alan like this.
  10. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

050E8BA8-74E2-4772-AD07-FB25D4350657.jpeg Thanks for your kind comments, it means quite a bit :)

Today Shelfie1 left the building to a new owner out west. It taught me a lot and it did a little bit of good. There’s a few notes here for those interested Shelfie1, Thanks For Your Service.

In the meantime here’s the last train out..

AdeMoore, Alan, Wagonman and 13 others like this.
  11. steve50

steve50 Western Thunderer

Just read the note to Shelfie1. I'm a big fan of this layout, it showed what could be achieved in a small space with regards to both operation and scenically.
    The bit about loaning the layout was pretty moving, the fact it gave someone pleasure and comfort in difficult times goes to show what a positive impact our hobby can have.
    Well done Paul.

Joe1980, Jon Gwinnett, iak63 and 3 others like this.
  12. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

931360D4-3BB2-447F-9A35-035B729DA15C.jpeg
    A bit of ‘old school’ pannier action on Shelfie 2

13. Jon Gwinnett

Jon Gwinnett Western Thunderer

Nowt wrong with a proper pannier, lovely.

14. Alan

Alan Western Thunderer

If I can get Blakeney to look anywhere near as good as your FoD layouts I shall be more than happy.

PMP likes this.
  15. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

Thanks Alan, looking at your recent images I think you’re more than well on the way to achieve that :)

NHY 581 and Alan like this.
  16. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

F73897A2-B4A0-4EB3-946B-FBEF6428323D.jpeg Playing with some new vans this evening, fresh finished off the shelf of doom, five year residents I think!

Podartist79, keefr22, Jordan and 10 others like this.
  17. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

18. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

I’ve been working over some Heljan 4mm Hymeks this week, adding the numbers with Shawplans etched set. 22 individual etches per loco. Not been swearing much, (surprisingly)
    C4271770-0D21-4D71-B5CF-E0BC0DE48CD0.jpeg

Podartist79, iak63, Joe1980 and 6 others like this.
  19. Captain Kernow

Captain Kernow Western Thunderer

I remember talking with you about this at Warley in 2006, Paul.

I still haven't done anything with my set of etchings!

20. PMP

PMP Western Thunderer

46F55967-5547-4DA0-A9D5-71B89CD50A72.jpeg @Captain Kernow I’m using the infamous Johnson’s Klear floor polish which dries pretty quickly. Once the etches have grabbed, I use a hair dryer gently wafted over it and it cures the varnish faster. Once set an overspray with satin or matt varnish will blend the high gloss into the overall body colour. Pictured above is one of the three starting the weathering.
    2006, blimey that’s a while on the shelf of doom!

40126, keefr22 and Captain Kernow like this.