Another incident at the Great Central

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
The only way its ever going to improve is if people treat the railway with the respect it deserves, if there isn't enough people to do the job that needs doing the job does not get done, simples. On the TSR One driver, One second man, One guard or no train, its in the rules so its law. I have spent 50 hours evaluating trainees to forward 3 on to the next step to join the ranks of Guards, others will join the ranks of Shunters, some will join the ranks of Tram guards, enabling us to better utilise the staff who presently occupy those positions.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Just heard the NNR's B12 had a bit of an argument with a buffer stop earlier today, the buffer stop must have a bad attitude as it still has the B12 firmly held in a buffer grip.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Is this on the GCR? I didn't know the B12 was visiting.

Brian

I'm sorry Brian - my post was ambiguous, I should have stated this occurred at Holt on the NNR during the 40's weekend.

I thought I'd tack the info onto this thread, which had developed into a more general discussion about preservation line incidents, rather than start another.

Tony

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thanks Tony - I should have checked on line first which would have given me the answer.

Any incident such as this is really worrying for the future of the operational preservation industry. It appears that there's a sense of reality in the investigations which take place so that recommendations take account of the importance of our preserved railways to local economies. I hope that there's no change in the political view of such incidents in the future.

Brian