Aylesbury Town

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer
Currently I am building a model of Aylesbury Town station in P4 in the period 1946-1966, most of the track is now laid and I am now working on the engine shed, I drew this up in AutoCAD and had the parts laser cut by York Modelmaking, here is the stage I have got to so far.

David

28ten

Guv'nor
That looks excellent  :thumbs: I have a thing about correct brickwork and all the courses lining up  :scratch: the joint at the is nice and square too  :thumbs:

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer

I have done a little more work including adding the timber work above the windows on this side, I am not too sure why they put round topped windows in flat topped openings but it how it was on the prototype.

David

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I like the way in which you have reproduced the changes in the brickwork where the prototype has had alterations made at the top of the walls.  What was the reason for replacement (extra/higher?) walls?

regards, Graham Beare

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer
The new brickwork was only on five of the six saw teeth; I am not too sure of the reason but may have been due to the reroofing from slate and glass to corrugated asbestos around 1946 the rear tooth still had state on it.

David

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer
I have now been working the roof trusses and smoke troughs, these are soldered up from copperclad strip, brass and wire, the smoke troughs are plasticard, since the photos were taken I have sprayed the whole lot smokey black.

David

bogusman

Western Thunderer
Very nice David. Is it possible to see some shots of the rest of the layout.

Pete

P.S Had a look at High Wycombe broad gauge station the other week certainly lots of work going on

Simon

Flying Squad
That looks superb - all you need to do now is correct the front handrail that those Chinese fellows have put on crooked, or is it a Neasden fitter after too much London Pride :))

Incidentally, I have just checked my late uncle's locoshed book and can report that he had spotted 67772 in 1951. (He lived in Rickmansworth so was quite well placed for it)

D1054

Western Thunderer
Super loco in a super setting - great work going on there! Very nice indeed. Excellent photography too.......  I like it lots!