BR Standard 2MT 2-6-0 Injectors

JeremyC

This is my first post on this forum so hello to everyone.
I am currently building the DJH 7mm scale kit of the above loco. Annoyingly the kit doesn't provide the parts for the injectors mounted under the RH side of the cab. I have trawled through various books, including the RCTS one for this class, as well as the internet, but to date I cannot find any clear photographs of how this equipment is arranged.
I have 2 requests:
Does anybody have a good clear photo of the injector arrangement that would enable me to model it.
Does anyone make suitable parts. Ragstone models list BR standard injectors etc, but I'm not sure if they're suitable for a class 2 (I think they're for a class 9F).

Thanks for any help or information
Jeremy

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Jeremy.

The Standard 2 2-6-0s had two BR standard live steam injectors, so the live steam injector from a 9F is suitable (the 9F had one live steam and one exhaust steam injector, so you need two live steam type).
Haven't got a clear photo to hand, but there is part of the pipe and rod digram for the Class 2 in "A Pictorial Record of British Railways Standard Steam Locomotives" by E Talbot, published by Oxford Publishing, which clearly shows the mounting and piping arrangements for the injectors.
Dave.

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Correct pattern injectors and the pipe runs look very similar to BR era photos, so probably near enough.
Dave.

Overseer

Western Thunderer
This is my first post on this forum so hello to everyone.
I am currently building the DJH 7mm scale kit of the above loco. Annoyingly the kit doesn't provide the parts for the injectors mounted under the RH side of the cab. I have trawled through various books, including the RCTS one for this class, as well as the internet, but to date I cannot find any clear photographs of how this equipment is arranged.
I have 2 requests:
Does anybody have a good clear photo of the injector arrangement that would enable me to model it.
Does anyone make suitable parts. Ragstone models list BR standard injectors etc, but I'm not sure if they're suitable for a class 2 (I think they're for a class 9F).

Thanks for any help or information
Jeremy
Would you mind telling us more about the build? I have thought about scratch building 78052 as it ran on the Dornoch branch but if the DJH kit builds OK in S7 that would be worth considering.

JeremyC

Thank you to those who have replied for the photos and information, they look to be exactly what I was looking for.

Regarding my model I have to confess I'm actually building it in 0 gauge finescale not S7. (I put the enquiry here because it was the right scale). So far I have found the DJH kit has gone together fairly well. The only modification so far has been to fit sprung axle boxes to the locomotive.

My model will become 78048 this being one of the locos based in the Edinburgh / Scottish borders area.

sagaguy

Western Thunderer
I`m havng the same problem with my DJH 7mm scale Fairburn kit,there must be a casting out there somewhere!.

Ray.

Daddyman

Western Thunderer
My model will become 78048 this being one of the locos based in the Edinburgh / Scottish borders area.
Nice! I plan to do 78049 in P4 in the next year or so. Where are you modelling?

I have lots of close-ups of the 9F injectors too if you need them but I think they will only show what is already visible of the injectors proper (the part they have in common), but not really help you with all the mounting bracket and other bits on the 2MT that are different. The injectors also point the other way on the 9F.

Have enlarged this rear view as much as I can:
Screenshot (626).png

JeremyC

Thanks again for the photographs. The only photo I had of the injectors on a BR standard were those fitted to the Standard 4 2-6-0 on the NYMR.

I am not actually intending to build a layout in 7mm scale as I don't have the space. My 7mm models usually are run on the 0 gauge model railway at the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway near Edinburgh. The reason for choosing this particular number for the 2MT is that I generally build models of locos that were based in Fife or South East Scotland with an emphasis on the Waverley Route.