Building a Hunslet 'Jack' in 7/8ths Scale

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Thanks Simon :)
You can't beat a bit of garden railway action in my opinion, there is just something about sunlight and models that seems to inspire.
I look forward to reading a bit more about your line and your adventures in 7/8ths :)
Steve

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Thanks Mick - I've not been back there for a while so its good to read it through now he has finished.
I did see the completed loco at the 16mm Show at Peterborough last month, it looks lovely, indeed there were a few Jacks / Warils like this one in attendance there.

Waril at Peterborough.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting back on with mine, alas I'm suffering from Sciatica as a result of a herniated disc which is making workshop activities extremely uncomfortable, cutting out new frames and buffer beams is a no-no at the moment :( I am slowly getting better, but building a kit is proving to be far easier on my back and can be built standing up, medical advice is no sitting and no leaning forwards, not much good when fabricating or building a garden railway!

And to top it all, my mate is romping ahead - he's just blown this apart for paint having completed all the fitting work...

20160319_103932.jpg

Steve

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Shame about the back, been there, got the T shirt after my fall off a crane a few years back, I just go to work and climb some tall vertical ladders using the arms to do most of the work, stretches the back a treat ;)

I missed the P'boro show...gutted as I'd made a special mental note to go this year, sadly I seem to have tagged that mental note with 'forget' rather than 'keep' :rolleyes:

Just now trying to source a decent supply of scale bolts and rivets for the NGG16, not as easy as one would imagine :eek:, some from here, some from there, yada yada, you know the score I'm sure.

Anyway, onward and upwards, keen to cut metal this weekend :thumbs: and will wait with patience to see how you get on with yours, I've book marked the relevant Roundhouse pages and once funds are available, send them their way. I don't intend to copy the Jack per se, more add my finger print to it, something like this DJB Model Engineering Ltd is much more appealing cosmetically for me.

MD