Chris Klein sad news

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Very sad news indeed. His modelling and layouts were a great inspiration to me and I was really looking forward to following the progress on his latest project. My condolences to his family, friends and business partner, Chris Basten.

Dan

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
That is indeed very sad news.

As someone who is just starting out in 7mm, Chris' modelling has provided much by way of inspiration.

My thoughts go out to all concerned.

Rob.

Giles

Western Thunderer
Oh my....... what a dear chap..... I'm so exceedingly sorry - I counted him as a friend in this world. Bless him.
Love and prayers to his family.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Terrible news. The hobby has lost another talented individual. My condolences to his family, friends and business partner, Chris Basten.

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Yes such terrible news about Chris, I was only in touch with him the other week about a replacement smokebox dart for my Minerva pannier. I had broken one of the handles when fitting the smokebox number plate, he told me to send an SAE and he would forward the parts FOC. True to his word two sets of spares dropped through my letterbox a couple of days later. I didn't know him well but had always enjoyed his articles in RM, he came across as a real gent, and is a real loss to our hobby.

RIP Chris

cbrailways

Western Thunderer
Very sad news. I was only communicating with him last week and he was always very helpful, freely giving modelling advice. It was because of Chris that I became interested in Battery/Radio control after he demonstrated a pannier running across the floor at the Newport Exhibition two years ago.

Condolences to his family and to Chris Basten his buisiness partner.

Last edited: