14. Fitting the Cab. More fettling was required before I was happy with the shape of the bunker lower rear panel. I must admit that this task seemed almost endless, perhaps I need new files! Anyway one of the Crymlyn A Shop Boyos, Percy Veerance, helped and we got there in the end! Once again, captions with the pictures. After much filing I am happy with the profile. The 90’ angle on the side corners was filed to give a slight radius. I also decided to add the bunker top beading at this stage purely as I thought it might be easier holding the job as a smaller component before attaching it to the footplate made it a tad unwieldy. Before attaching the cab assembly I estimated where the vertical cab side handrails would go and drilled the 4 location holes. This would be rather difficult when the cab is fitted so I drilled the holes under size. These can be enlarged from underneath when required but I didn’t fancy trying to mark the holes from underneath. The cab assembly is tack soldered to align it accurately then the joints are filled with solder. I could get my 40w iron on the inside of the bunker sides but not at the back as unfortunately the iron is too big. The solder flowed around the rear corners but not across the back which is tight against the floor so hopefully this won’t be a problem. My 25w Antex wasn’t quite man enough for the job and I didn’t want to dwell too long in case the bunker rear started to unsolder. The advantage of soldering from the inside is that virtually no cleaning up around the outside rivet rows is necessary. The body has had a scrub with “Shiny Sinks” and HOT water to remove any flux. The effect of the “Shiny Sinks” on the brass is clearly visible. I also made I made a start on the cab interior by cleaning and folding up the floor and bunker front. The coal door was added and a handle fitted to it.