Chris Klein

I thought it was time to start a thread about Cwm Bach, my 7mm scale depiction of the South Wales Valleys in the 1950s and early 1960s. It occupies a space of 15' x 2' and is wired for DCC operation.I use a blend of standards, the track and rolling stock are 7mm Finescale and the scenery, buildings, signalling, baseboards and wiring are ScaleSeven. The full story has been told in the Autumn 207 edition of the Gauge 0 Guild Gazette, the August 2018 Railway Modeller and edition 264 of the Model Railway Journal.

CK
Cwm Bach RM 31 May 2018008.jpg Cwm Bach RM Aug 2018.jpg Cwm Bach Colliery MPD 220916.jpg Cwm Bach Station 220916 1.jpg Cwm Bach Minerva 7788 waits for the signal with the down pick-up goods train MRJ.jpg Cwm Bach Running-in Board MRJ.jpg

Chris Klein

At last, the gentlemen’s convenience at Cwm Bach station has been commissioned, much to the relief of the local male population. The Reverent Obadiah Glendower Jones from the local Cwm Bach Independent Congregational Chapel was due to perform the opening ceremony, but was indisposed. Fortunately, celebrity Daddy Pig, who was on a shed bash of the NCB MPD agreed to stand in and perform the honours; well, to be more precise, he stood outside on account of his rotundness.

Chris K

Waiting Shelter_Cwm Bach 7.jpg Waiting Shelter_Cwm Bach 8.jpg Cwm Bach Station 301119 BW.jpg Peppa Pig CB 1.jpg