4mm Cwm Prysor - Modelling the Bala-Blaenau Ffestiniog Branch

7428 84J

Thank you for the nice comments :)

Referring back to motive power, heres some of my 57XX fleet. All locomotives originate from Croes Newydd, Wrexham (84J), but locomotives were stabled at Bala and Trawsfynydd.

4645 was the first Pannier I detailed. I've not gone overboard, just the areas that are noticeable to me. Markits smokebox dart, running plate hand rails, laser glazing, Iain Rice cab grills, masokit lamp irons, markits steam heating/vac pipes and masokit screw links. I haven't thinned down the steps or injector on this one being the first, something for the future.

_MG_7979.jpg

5742, one of the low cab variants.

_MG_8076.jpg

9793, high cab variant. Smokebox number plates are from Ian Wilson of 'Pacific Models'

_MG_8255.jpg

My first 74XX conversion, 7414. I have a 1956/57 photo of her at Trawsfynydd, where it's clear old feelings never die, as some one had smeared GWR into the grime which I've tried to replicate.

_MG_8101.jpg

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
The sense of depth created by the weathering down the sides of the tanks in the third shot is great.

JB.

7428 84J

I'm currently recovering from a nasty stomach bug, so yesterday was the first time I felt well enough to work on the layout. I decided to finish the main hillside on the station board.
_MG_8585.jpg

_MG_8586.jpg

I will now add mod rock to smooth off the whole area before Tony Wright comes up at the end of August to paint the back scene. Overal I'm pleased with the look.

Geoff

Western Thunderer
I love the way in which your pannier and single coach look lost Tom. Once you've completed the hillside, and Tony has painted your backdrop it will all come alive.

Alan

Western Thunderer
Can't wait to see afters Tony's waved his brushes at the backscene. I'm enjoying being able to comment on your layout Tom

7428 84J

I love the way in which your pannier and single coach look lost Tom. Once you've completed the hillside, and Tony has painted your backdrop it will all come alive.

Cheers Geoff. Yeah, that effect has come out well.

Can't wait to see afters Tony's waved his brushes at the backscene.

Cheers Alan, I've asked him to go for something similar that he did on Rob Kinsey's Merthyr Riverside layout (pictures here)
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_02_2015/blogentry-13616-0-97790200-1424036004.jpg

http://bwwmrc.co.uk/exhibitions/Langley06/MerthyrRiverside.jpg

Today was my first experience of working with mod roc (Dad had always done it on previous layouts). I'm rather pleased with the general look of the landscape now.
FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.jpg
FullSizeRender_1.jpg
FullSizeRender_3.jpg

7428 84J

I'd almost leave as it is Tom and make it a winter scene, particularly as you asking Tony to do a dark glowering sky.

Ha, must admit I do like the blank canvas effect. I've just been shaping the extension of the hillside where it drops below rail height, I do like this polystyrene cutter! :)

I'm out of glue at the moment, so will need to hang fire, plus a couple of days away in Wales coming up. :)

7428 84J

On Sunday, I returned two Peppercorn Pacifics to Tony Wright which I had weathered.

Tony kindly photographed some of my goods stock for Cwm Prysor. I particularly like this one.
Tom Foster weathering 03.jpg

Meanwhile, with the weather warm I have batch painted these LMS fitted vans. All are kit built/modified kits. In there is an Airfix body on parkside chassis, Cambrian kit, Ratio with Parkside underframe and Parkside sides, ratio ends and Parkside underframe.
_MG_8608.jpg

7428 84J

Some more goods stock finished for the layout, these will be forming part of an article for Railway Modeller early next year.

_MG_8648.jpg

_MG_8656.jpg

I've nearly finished a kit a started just after Scale Four North (where I purchased it from). I got half way through, put it to one side and then got distracted with other things. Yesterday I returned to it and I'm awaiting some 0.5mm plastistruct to finish the brake linkages. Heck of a fiddly kit and if I'm honest, Jim Smith-Wright's photos on his blog were of more use than the instructions.

14088426_327855307558367_4669192109917030587_n.jpg

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Nice work on those wagons Tom. :thumbs: I don't buy the Railway Modeller on a regular basis, so is there any chance of a heads up when your article is due to be published please?

Regards

Dan