David Andrews Castle Build

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Thumbs, Dave! I neglect eBay for train photos, etc. The site is quite good for rare vintage car parts when the usual club spares are unavailable. But caveat emptor often applies!

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
After I wrote the last post Storm Bella came rushing by so I did the third splasher beading while waiting for the noise to die down. I don’t sleep well during storms, too many Gulf Coast memories of hurricanes, tropical storms and, by far the worst, tornados. Happily we never had a direct hit from an express train sounding tornado, but the next street lost many pine trees.

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Dave

I have been going through various prints in my possession and found I have 5014 at Shrewsbury waiting to take over the Up Cambrian Coast Express with the head board in place. This would have been when the service didn't stop at Shrewsbury Station per se but there was a locomotive change typically from Manor to Castle. This period only lasted a short time.

5014 has a Collett 4,000 gallon tender and would have passed Moor Street Station on the way to Paddington. So, that problem is well and truly sorted!