Diorama Board

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Until I get my layout built I am building a diorama board so that I can at least take photos of models I complete against a reasonable background. The board itself is an oak door that was fitted wrong in my kitchen so had to be replaced

Attachments

• Diorama Board 001.JPG
    439.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Signal + Water Crane 001.JPG
    500.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Signal + Water Crane 005.JPG
    455.3 KB · Views: 5

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I don't think I've ever seen a water crane with a lamp on top like that before.. :scratch: looks quite unusual. :thumbs:

Not that I'm any Expert at all on water cranes, of course... :-[

(Go on, Ian; say it... you know you want to... ::) ;) )

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
I don't think I've ever seen a water crane with a lamp on top like that before.. :scratch: looks quite unusual. :thumbs:

There were instructions on how to make the light work but I am not going to bother for the diorama, on the other hand if I pick up another for the layout I might be tempted :drool:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Rob Pulham said:
There were instructions on how to make the light work but I am not going to bother for the diorama, on the other hand if I pick up another for the layout I might be tempted :drool:

Rob thats no problem drill a hole down the centre of the casting pass a wire through use the body of the casting for the opposite pole job done use a small LED a yellowey colour for the bulb or flame depending on what you want

Ian

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
iploffy said:
Say what?????

Ploffy

iploffy said:
Just noticed someone beat me to it
Keep up lad.... ::)

(sorry, couldn't resist...
happy0194.gif
scared0012.gif
)

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
between me and my good lady the diorama board has come on in leaps and bounds. Here it is almost finished - I just need the lenses in the signal.

Diorama 001.JPG

Attachments

• Diorama 004.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Diorama 005.JPG
    414.6 KB · Views: 3
R

Rob Burge

I like dioramas, really focussed pieces of a railway that can show off your models very well - great for photos too. I think that I enjoy making models more than having a 'layout' to run them on. Take for example some of the amazingly detailed cameos seen here - Swindon works and other great scenes - must be very satisfying to do that.