7mm Eric Underhill - Vulcan Model Engineering Kit Help & Advice Needed

Pete Harvey

I'm currently rebuilding an Eric Underhill - VME 1366 kit.
I have redesigned and had produced a new set of frames for the kit and the run very smooth and sweet having replaced the kit con rods with a set of Premier Engineering machined rods and they have helped a lot with the build.
I'm starting to test fit the parts for the motion gear, I need some help at this point as I need to fit the cylinders and the out side motion, has any one here built this kit or have any images of the out side motion showing the motion brackets as I have tried to test fit the cast kit brackets and they do not clear the rods vertical movement for the rods, the instructions do not mention anything other than to fit them should I cut them so the rods will clear?
Any help would be appreciated please?

Pete

simond

Western Thunderer
Hi

First post on WT.

I built a 1366 from the CRT kit some years ago. You can find a picture at http://www.gwr.org.uk/galdobson.html. It was quite atrocious, and I had to remake as much as I was able to use from the kit - the box of remnants is still half-full!

Anyway, case in point, the motion brackets were entirely wrong, and not only was it impossible to fit the con rods, the coupling rods wouldn't go round either.

I fretted a new one out of nickel silver sheet. Can't promise that it is prototypical, but I surely still have the cad, so if you want a copy, please let me know, at least the loco runs!

Best
Simon