ex LMS Diag D2046 Inspection Saloon in Blue/Grey

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
I have had this coach on and off of the workbench since February and with loss of mojo interruptions am at last getting close to the finishing line

20200505_160843.jpg

20200505_160908.jpg

a standard late 70s finish in Blue/Grey with yellow ends was requested and interestingly the ETH connection was painted yellow rather than the usual orange, it will be finished as DM45029 as seen in the North Wales area from time to time, prior to it going North to Scotland and ultimately passing to EWS ownership.

Chassis and bogies are also primed and will probably be 'blackened' later this week.

Hopefully more progress photos later.

Stay safe and well

regards

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Brian,

many thanks for your comment. The conduits for the air horns are not getting any easier to fit and I used 24swg copper wire to enable the bend over the roof overhang to be achieved, but keeping it straight in the vertical was a right pain in the firebox!!

Stay safe and well/

regards

Mike

Muddysblues

Western Thunderer
Hello Mike, nice to see a tail wind behind you, and the mojo returning, now I must get on with those 2 x JLTRT 24 kits ;), that beauty will need something to pull and push it around :drool:, oh then I will need a layout to pull and push them around, after we have sold our house and moved :rolleyes:

Keep safe everyone, best regards
Craig.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Getting there slowly,

IMG_0389.JPG
external paint via rattle cans, made up for me by a local supplier.

IMG_0390.JPG

just the glazing, wipers, transfers and some judicious weathering (to be applied with my new Harder & Steenbeck Evolution airbrush) and hopefully we will be home and dry.

Stay safe and well.

regards

Mike

Muddysblues

Western Thunderer
Mike, :drool:, I love it, lovely touches with wear on the numbering and white lining, should look great on a Cambrian running session behind a class 24, as I am not that good with words, I think this image may say it better on how I feel ....................
Drool.jpg

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Craig,

Thanks mate, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Always worry that I overdo the weathering.

Stay safe and well

regards

Mike