Experienced procrastinator seeks ideal scale

B

Bunchie3174

Hello all
I've arrived here on my seemingly never ending journey through the scales of model railways. I've done a bit of N, OOn3, 5.5mm, OO, P4, O, and now my focus is on 1:32. This is after realising that I'm never, ever going to get the time to build all the scales I want, in the space I have.
My interests lie with light railways, Col Stephens and the like. Concerns which have the same financial constraints that affect me. I also have a soft spot for Irish 3ft and French minor railways.
Add in a bit of blue diesel and colonial oddness too, and industrial for good measure.
The 1:32 appealed to me because at standard gauge there is no gauge compromise. Something that galls me in OO, and several other sizes. After working out the sizes I found that 18.83mm is as near to 600mm in 1:32 and 32mm conveniently is very near metre gauge. That's my French and industrial sorted.
I now concentrate on micro or minimum space layouts, restricting myself at the planning stage leads to creativity and economy.
I size my layouts based on paper size. An A4/4 layout is 4 sheets of A4, 1200x210, my A3/3 plans give a surprisingly large area to work in.
One day I may post a photo of something I've completed but don't hold your breath, I've just seen an S scale forum and........hmmmmm.

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
You best get yourself a Gauge 3 kit then Bunchie, just to be sure you're not missing out of course :D
Welcome aboard :)

Steve

B

Bunchie3174

This is this weekends experiment. P4, with a bit of 12mm dual gauged crossing into a 4 (now 5) rail section, the outer rails of which are 28.08 apart (ooops broad gauge). A mix of old track and points from other projects, ready made P4, some C&L component track and points, PCB and superglue on ply. That unused bit of Templot plan is 12mm which may cross the dual gauge eventually. Yes, I'm rubbish at soldering.
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG