Fast Scrolling Button

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
I see there is a 'one click' up/back fast scrolling button which only appears in the bottom right of the screen when you begin to scroll back through a thread.

Is there scope within the forum software to make this a permanent fixture i.e. 'switched on' so it is always in view?

Is it possible to add the equivalent down/forward 'one click' fast scrolling button at the top of the screen to take you immediately to the latest post?

And finally, is it possible to make this/these button(s)/pictogram(s) larger to assist viewers who may have visual and/or reading impairments?

For fast forwarding so to speak I am aware you can use the 'Jump to New' button at the head of the thread or use the browser up/down scroll bar.

WT scroll.jpg
For

Last edited:

GrahamMc

Western Thunderer
Is it possible to add the equivalent down/forward 'one click' fast scrolling button at the top of the screen to take you immediately to the latest post?

An alternative to these buttons is to place the cursor just below the 'Up' scrolling arrow and clicking and holding it down to do a quick scroll up or the same just above the scroll down arrow to scroll down quickly, but you probably know that so I'll just get back in my box......they never should have let me out!

adrian

Flying Squad
I'm looking in to it there. There are some settings I can try but for some bizarre reason there are some server side settings blocking the change. :headbang: so I need to contact the hosting provider to get access.

adrian

Flying Squad
I have no idea which are the Home and End keys - help!!
It entirely depends on the device you are using - many windows based computers will have a large keyboard with a numeric pad and a group of buttons with home and end labelled between the normal key pad and the numeric keypad.
Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 21.36.47.png

For Apple users generally you have to use keyboard shortcuts. Generally
  • Home: Fn and Left arrow.
  • End: Fn and Right arrow.