Forum Feedback - Huge Thanks.

adrian

Flying Squad
I just like to say a big vote of thanks to the Guv'nor for the forum update.

Personally I think it's a huge improvement, a very nice clean front layout with lot of nice little features. Very impressed with it, so thanks again and I appreciate the effort you've put in.

If you ever have the misfortune to cross my path at a show I'll buy you a pint.

AdamF

Western Thunderer
Seconded :thumbs: !!

It looks fantastic!

Still getting used to a few of the features but I am really liking the simplicity and the interface - looking forward to posting :)

Thanks very much :thumbs: !!

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Just a thought, but all thread authors could help by reloading the pics on their respective threads (Cynric has done a vid on how to do this) I have done this on my epic...........so it must be simple :)

Cheers Phill ;)

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Just a thought, but all thread authors could help by reloading the pics on their respective threads (Cynric has done a vid on how to do this) I have done this on my epic...........so it must be simple :)

Cheers Phill ;)
I have done some of mine and will work through the rest - had a few problems with some at the beginning of my rolling stock thread though.

I would also like to add my thanks to Cynric for making it happen.:thumbs:

28ten

Guv'nor
Thanks chaps :thumbs: overall I consider it a success, the ethos behind Xenforo is similar to mine 'Easy to use and without bloat'
For those with geek interest, it was a tortuous path that involved going through 2 different conversions before importing the data and each process had the capability to land in the :shit: and it was the early hours of Saturday before I knew it would work and the files could be uploaded :eek:
Still thats is all done and dusted, we can move onwards, hopefully becoming a place where those who 'make rather than unbox' (© Pennine MC ) discuss their projects.

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
I like the new format and am gradually finding my way around it and learning what it is capable of.

I'll add to the vote of thanks if I may :)

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
Still thats is all done and dusted, we can move onwards, hopefully becoming a place where those who 'make rather than unbox' (© Pennine MC ) discuss their projects.

If we ever need a slogan to go with 'Western Thunder' I think Pennine has come up with it ! :thumbs: :)

Dunno if I've copyrighted it lads, can't even remember saying it:))

I'll add to all the above plaudits Cynric, I certainly wouldnt have the patience to do battle with such a thing. I followed the vid to reassign my password, though I hardly needed to, it was pretty intuitive even for somebody as non-techy as me. Even with the upgrade, I find the forum's relative simplicity and quick responses to be a big, big plus; maybe another contender for a slogan could be based around that;)

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
well done Cynric, and all done without the aid of a safety net - you deserve all the thanks that are coming your way.

cheers

Mike

Neil

Western Thunderer
May I add my thanks too. I like the new layout, it's clear and larger photos aren't pushed out to the edge of the screen on my steam driven monitor. I also like the easy embedding of videos; I used to prefer stills to vids (still do for layouts) but they definitely add something worthwhile when looking at the prototype. It's still a bit like a new pair of shoes, smarter but not quite as comfy as the old ones, though I've no doubt it won't take long to become fully settled into the new way of doing things.

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Another round of thanks (and beer :)) from me Guv. Having had nearly a week of using the new software, I have to say it makes the previous forum seem old and clunky! Just the new method of attaching images makes the upgrade worthwhile in my opinion. Hope you are as pleased with the move as we all seem to be, fingers crossed that this Friday night is more relaxing for you :thumbs:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Apologies for the late response Cynric, but a big vote of thanks from me too.

I especially like the "WESTERN THUNDER" nameplate at the top of the page - excellent! :thumbs:

Regards

Dan

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Sorry for the late response Cynric, I have to agree with everyone else so well done and thank you.

Geoff