Fotopic

mth

Western Thunderer
looks like fotopic has vanished from the net :shit:.
Does anyone, with the right connections, know what has happened.

28ten

Guv'nor
All I Know is that it has been limping along for some time. TBH whilst I know many people have invested a lot of time adding collections, the site is/was primitive. Having said that i will miss it.
Hopefully it will all be resolved, but it needs major investment in servers which were slow and software which was old tech.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Flickr is great for collections... I have found way more than a handfull of very helpful images for engines that I am
building..

JB. 

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Scale7JB said:
Flickr is great for collections... I have found way more than a handfull of very helpful images for engines that I am
building..

JB.

Flickr is very good  :thumbs:........although some  nob by the name of Phill Dyson has a dodgy collection of out of focus blue diesels on there which is best avoided  ;D

Phill  :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
Flickr is a good bet as it is unlikely to fall by the wayside, I do wonder about the transient nature of some image hosting sites, and the here today, gone tomorrow nature of web resources.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Have tried to have a look at Paul Bartlett's wagon pic site for colours/weathering of my UCV clay open's but with fotopic down its not allowing :headbang: Does anyone know if his site is still usable or not and if not does anyone know where i can look at colour pics of these wagons :scratch:
I had already saved this site in fav's but still not working :headbang:

Rob :wave:

mth

Western Thunderer
Been trying to find out what has happened. All i've found is this on Wikipedia :eek:

'As of March 2011, the servers are offline. There is speculation on various Internet groups as well as Twitter that Fotopic have ceased trading. To date no official statements or replies to requests have been received or published by the company owners.'

Ha Ho. will have to fond all of my photo's and look at another site.