From Llangunllo to Llanbister Rd.

Richard

Just a word of caution, I ordered some Brassmasters etched windows (4mm scale) for one of the Scalescenes factory kits and when they arrived, they seemed very thick and overscale. I asked Brassmasters about it at a show a while later and was told that these were the window frames they supplied for the kit.

I ended up using a different method of glazing.

Thanks CK,

Someone did tell me they'd got some 7 mm scale windows from Brass masters........must have been the variety you ordered.

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Thanks CK,

Someone did tell me they'd got some 7 mm scale windows from Brass masters........must have been the variety you ordered.

Never had a problem with Brassmasters window etches myself, all the current buildings on Llangunllo have them and as I write this another batch is about to be fitted to some dwellings on Llanbister Road.

Lovely people to deal with as well in my experience.

Geoff

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Thanks CK,

Well, that's the odd thing, I spoke to them at a show and they confirmed that the windows were for the 4mm version of the Scalescenes factory kit.

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Just a snippet from 'The Presteign Reporter & Gazette'..........

newspaper.jpg

.............and a photo of the rail replacement bus service, which is currently being operated by Crosville with a Bristol L5G.

P1160826.JPG

With the impending closure of Llangunllo dairy, and the subsequent loss of the milk traffic to and from Ford Bridge Leominster, things are looking rather bleak for the Lugg Valley line! More on the story can be found here........
Storm Clouds over the Lugg Valley……

Geoff