G3 3 plank dropside wagon

mswjr

Western Thunderer
Oh, and the Foss Cross stone has been crushed and bagged.

Can i ask ,is there still stone to find at foss cross,If So think im looking in the wrong place,
Thanks

jamiepage

Western Thunderer
Garry,
I poked around the station area and the stone workings a good few years ago (30?) with the then farm manager. He was an MSWJR enthusiast, and not surprisingly knew where was what. Quite a lot of the site still existed recognisably.
I had at that time only recently built a 7mm wagon and took a (large) lump of rock home and used a small piece, crushed, in the 7mm model. However, and obviously had I really thought about it, it has since naturally weathered so no longer looks like the freshly quarried stone it is trying to represent.
Nothing a bit of painting, shading, drybrushing and matt varnishing won't put right- but that rather defeats the original point really.
It seemed like a good idea at the time, but still, never mind, at least I know the connection is there.
Yours
Jamie
ps The lump has been outside ever since, until just recently crushed and sieved. Beautiful colour below the surface of course, at the moment....