Gauge 1 video July 2014

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
What a fantastic garden railway.:bowdown:. The bridges and viaduct are amazing structures.:thumbs:

No wonder people enjoy just sitting in the garden and watching trains go by.:thumbs: Thanks for posting.

Rob:)

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
What a fantastic garden railway.:bowdown:. The bridges and viaduct are amazing structures.:thumbs:

No wonder people enjoy just sitting in the garden and watching trains go by.:thumbs: Thanks for posting.

Couldn't agree more lovely stuff..........very tastefully blended in with the garden too!:thumbs::cool:

Phill :)

AndyB

Western Thunderer
I think I'm right in observing that the main running line is dual gauge - G1 & G3.
I haven't made it to one of his G3 GTG's yet as it's a long trek from Derbyshire....
One day!
Lots of inspiration for my proposed G3 line which will also need some substantial bridges.
Andy

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Excellent - I especially liked the on-board view along the top of the tender and what a lovely garden too!

Regards

Dan

p.s. Good choice of "typically British" music at the start of the film too, which I seem to recall being used at the start/finish of the (ITN?), news many moons ago!

adrian

Flying Squad
Yes and you are right it is dual gauge. The larger g3 clearances allowed the camera to make it through the tunnel unharmed!
Thanks for posting, some great images - I was thinking about the camera as it dived into the tunnel.

Never mind the big stuff they have plenty of room - I like the little ones and the challenge of fitting everything in, the 14xx/48xx? looked nice.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Yes ive watched the footage again........ this must be the 15th time now.:D.

I think its because of the structures of different types. Certainly giving me ideas:thumbs:

Glad you enjoyed the video chaps

I believe the bridge is made from aluminium angle. It is spring loaded so it tilts up to allow mower access to the lawn. The 48xx belongs to Roger David who has managed to tame it very successfully the first film I took of it back in April it was either off or making the jump to light speed!

Stuart

Simon

Flying Squad
I have watched the video several times, really good stuff.

I can't say I can recall ever having seen that garden line featured in the G1MRA journal during my membership, which is surprising as I think it is one of the nicest garden lines I have ever seen.

It is very artfully integrated into the garden and the bridge structures are magnificent, the mixture of ground level and raised track bed is attractive and the ground level and close up shots are very impressive. I also like the fact that it is single track and although it has mixed gauge and is hardly "finescale" the track construction with individual chairs and wooden sleepers all laid into stone has a "truth" about it which is really pleasing.

The on board shots were a brilliant idea too, thank you very much for shooting and sharing!

Simon

Am considering making these little films into a DVD. It would be not for profit costing only the price of the disc and postage.

Do you think anyone would be interested?

Stuart