Gauge 3 Neilson 12" Mineral "kit"

Spitfire2865

Western Thunderer
Hello
I remembered some showed some interest in the work I did on this loco, and thought it would be worthwhile to let it be known, Shapeways, the source for the body and details for the loco, will be increasing in price in the relative near future due to restructured pricing calculations that are out of my control.
If anyone was interested in building one, I would recommend at least thinking about ordering the 3D parts while the old prices still stand.
No guarantee they wont rise to rediculous costs.

Anyone who would like to see the instructions I wrote up to see what else is needed, just send me a PM and Ill try to get back to you with all the required files quickly.
20180606_182039-1.jpg

Spitfire2865

Western Thunderer
Well as Shapeways has rolled out their new pricing structure, and ultimately screwed over most of its users, Im going to give up on this kit as it seems no one would be interested and Id rather not give Shapeways any more money on account of my work.

simond

Western Thunderer
It’s a shame when businesses forget that they depend on customers. I know they exist to make money, and I presume they weren’t loss leading before the new structure was introduced - or maybe they weren’t economic without it?

Maybe somebody will spring into the gap they’ve just created. Fingers crossed

Best
Simon

Mike W

Western Thunderer
That's a great shame after all your work and such a nice result. Its one of those things that might sell now, or in a year, or in five years, as people discover it.

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
Mike's right. I myself would like one of those locos, but not at present, with all my other projects on the go. You still have the kit, without being lumbered with having to store it physically, and there is a record of its existence via this forum, if someone does a search in future, so all is not lost.