georgeT's (7mm Workbench)

Discussion in 'Workbenches, including workshop techniques.' started by georgeT, 12 September 2019.

1. georgeT

georgeT Western Thunderer

Spot on Peter, l have made other bloomers on the N class like forgetting to add the bolts in the boiler to join them together ? Hahaha

AdeMoore likes this.
  2. Deano747

Deano747 Western Thunderer

Both points noted for when I get to build mine! (...and other locos using the same method)

Looking really good so far George!
    I also have the Ace version but it's part built in a box. Not a good choice for a first attempt at 7mm!!

Regards
    Rob

3. georgeT

Hello Deano, The kit is going together fairly DSC06957.JPG DSC06958.JPG DSC06959.JPG well but the instructions could be better ? but then it is an old kit (2003), the guy l am building this for let me borrow another N Class of his to copy and weather, should be fun...

4. Pencarrow

Pencarrow Western Thunderer

I thought for a minute there you'd worked through the night and finished it! :))

5. georgeT

6. Lancastrian

Lancastrian Western Thunderer

Rob,

You might have the ex-Sanspareil kit :thumbs:

Ian

7. Deano747

Deano747 Western Thunderer

Maybe, Ian. I wouldn't know. It has Ace all over the etchings now? It came from Home of O Gauge about a year before they ceased.
    I'll look into it when I get home from my travels.

Regards
    Rob

AdeMoore likes this.
  8. Lancastrian

Lancastrian Western Thunderer

Hi Rob,

It won't be a Sanspareil kit then :(

Ian

Deano747 likes this.
  9. georgeT

S DSC06974.JPG DSC06975.JPG DSC06977.JPG DSC06978.JPG DSC06979.JPG Started the loco body, not as easy as l thought ?

Nick Rogers, AdeMoore, 3 LINK and 7 others like this.
  10. Andy P

Andy P Western Thunderer

It's coming on well George, will you be fitting Sound to it, so it can run on Seven Mills when you visit the Souf Coast mate?

AdeMoore likes this.
  11. georgeT

Hello Andy, No l don't think he wants sound fitted ?.

AdeMoore likes this.
  12. georgeT

Things have slowed a bit with the heat, but l did manage to paint the chassis of loco and tender as l hate having to dismantle when its all up and running just to paint them. DSC06983.JPG

AdeMoore, Deano747 and P A D like this.
  13. FH47331

FH47331 Member

Hi George,
    In total awe at your kit building skills. More of a modern traction modeller, but have a soft spot for the Rebuilt WC/BoB and Merchant Navy's they look superb.

Can I ask what do you use to do the rivets, is a GW Models press? If so, how do you find it? I am thinking that I need to invest in something like that, to get a smooth and nicely replicated row of rivets on models.

Richie

AdeMoore likes this.
  14. georgeT

Hello Richie, Thanks, and yes it is the GW model rivet press, best £95 l have ever spent.

AdeMoore, Ian@StEnochs and FH47331 like this.
  15. FH47331

FH47331 Member

Thanks George, I look forward to following your progress!

Richie

georgeT likes this.
  16. georgeT

While the sun is out.. DSC06984.JPG DSC06985.JPG

17. Andy P

Andy P Western Thunderer

Any fresh updates on progress George?

AdeMoore likes this.
  18. georgeT

Hello Andy Yes l have started to fit the plungers l got from JPL,.. DSC06986.JPG DSC06988.JPG DSC06989.JPG

19. georgeT

Don't know why l used thick wires, so replaced them with a more suitable wire, all works fine now.. DSC06992 - Copy.JPG DSC06994 - Copy.JPG

Nick Rogers, LarryG, Deano747 and 3 others like this.
  20. Andy P

Andy P Western Thunderer

Anything new off the workbench this week George?