Gladiator kits

SimonT

Western Thunderer
David,
on the military angle, any chance of the defensive aids bits and pieces (technical phrase) to go on the Italieri C-130J? Bound to sell in the thousands;)
Simon

alcazar

The thing is, the PWM's Western image as hydraulics. And would make a nice little yard shunter , especially as engineer's stock is still around and interesting. Something different too.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I think there will be kits in that range that will be on their 3rd or 4th owner if a sale of some sort happens, surely it's inevitable that some kits will disappear from trace for a while and until new masters and moulds are produced...?!

JB.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I just made the mistake of browsing the Gladiator website...

Must resist!!

Out of interest, does anyone know of the pedigree of the B1?

JB.

alcazar

Funnily enough, with all this closing down of various ranges, I had quite a long conversation with another manufacturer this morning, one who will be quite well known to most modellers in 7mm scale, and who would be sadly missed if he were to close.

And that's exactly what he would like to do. He would prefer to sell as a going concern, but wants to wind down.

Now I'm NOT in a position to buy him out.....I certainly would if I could.

But is anyone else? Does anyone have the sort of contacts that might keep this concern going for the foreseeable years? it's not tiny, although it is presently one-man operated, and makes a decent level of profit.

The owner has asked me NOT to make a big thing of it, trumpeting his name across the internet, (so as not to alwarm customers), but to start the ball rolling to see if there is anyone out there, without making everyone think he is closing tomorrow.

Serious enquiries, PM me please, but try not to put the name out there, if you would.

Thanks, Jeff.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
A ray of sunshine on the horizon, I just read this on the Gladiator website

"Gladiator kits has provisionally been sold subject to contract. There may be a short hiatus whilst the sale is concluded. In the meantime please email or phone the current number for information of any items left in stock."

I do hope that it works out both for Geoff and for the rest of us:))

Genghis

Western Thunderer
My wife and I have agreed to buy Gladiator from Geoff. For various reasons it will take a few months to complete the sale, but we intend to continue to offer the complete range (except for the former Javelin kits, which will probably continue to be sold by Geoff) and to develop and improve the kits where possible. Please be patient in the meantime.
David

Edit to add the qualification re Javelin kits.

Last edited:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi David,

welcome to WT - and with such welcome news as Richard says, I wish you all the best with the venture.

regards

Mike

Genghis

Western Thunderer
I have edited the thread title to reflect the new status:)
Strictly speaking it's a bit premature to say it's under new ownership. The sale is agreed but not yet completed. Sorry to be pedantic, but if Geoff is reading this, I don't want him to think we are getting ahead of ourselves (even if I really want this to be sooner rather than later) :).

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Strictly speaking it's a bit premature to say it's under new ownership. The sale is agreed but not yet completed. Sorry to be pedantic, but if Geoff is reading this, I don't want him to think we are getting ahead of ourselves (even if I really want this to be sooner rather than later) :).

Fair enough. I felt 'closing down' was a bit misleading. It's now more neutral:)