Greetings from Herefordshire

platform10

Hi folks. I've just discovered your wonderful site and thought I might have the cheek to join!

Having retired to this neck of the woods in 2011, my interest is in BR (ER) 1950's and if I ever live long enough to get started, my intention is to model Kings Cross.

I look forward, hopefully, to being able to share and borrow ideas and experience from others at Western Thunder.

Best wishes,
Bob

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Bob,

welcome to the mad house, we like lots of photos with the words, looking forward to the start of KX.

cheers

Mike

platform10

Hi Richard,

I'll try to resist the 7mm lure!

I would hope to cover most of the site. In 4mm, from the buffer stops to the portals of Gasworks Tunnels works out at almost exactly 20 feet. The real problem comes when trying to work out what happens inside the tunnel! My thoughts so far are to take a 180 degree sweep back parallel to the station and descend round and under it in an oval before curving again into a fiddle/storage yard. So the space needed soon escalates to about 30 feet by 15.

A large log cabin style outbuilding could accommodate but I'm so far quite disappointed with most of the available products when it comes to decent roof insulation. Most firms are keen to offer good insulation to walls, floor and windows, but strangely not the roof.

Ho hum - there's a solution somewhere.

Bob

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Welcome mate try 3 garden sheds end to end cheaper and there is room to lag them to boot.

platform10

Many thanks to all of you taking the time to welcome me in.

Some of you mentioned the milk dock area of the Cross, and I quite agree it is one of the more interesting corners, though photographs such as those attached are few and precious. I will indeed promise to keep you posted with progress. So far I have building chunks of pointwork for the passenger loco yard in anticipation of one day having a baseboard!

Best wishes to all,
Bob