Greetings from not Yorkshire

Rn@B.

Hello,

I’ve come here for an alternative to a.n.otherWeb. Things are different here and I think I will like that too. The best of both worlds maybe.

I model in 2FS and have only dabbled in larger scales a couple of times: once for some wagons to suit my Dad’s OO and an HO timesaver layout. The latter is the only layout that could ever be considered ‘complete’. Sadly the baseboards warped.

I’m Yorkshire born but have now lived nearly half my life in Hampshire.

My interests are long since settled on the post pooling pre grouping GWR, though I have a small collection of 2nd generation DMUs. Presently I am working on a 2mm Diamond Jubilee Challenge sized layout. (I never actually filled the forms to enter.) and am constantly pondering the big project - a roundy hopefully forever layout - once I figure out what that should be.

Hi and bye for now,
Rich.

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi,

Welcome aboard - I've no problems with mentions and or links to other fora, we all have a little different niche to fill. I like to think it's a rather eclectic group but all with an interest of making things with plenty of photos to illustrate.

I really must update my meagre 2mmFS effort with a couple of updates - I did promise @john lewsey I would. Trouble is I keep flitting between that, Scale7 and another couple of projects.

I'd be interested to see your DJ Challenge layout or is it DJ+2 now - noting in the latest newsletter that DJ+1 (June 2021) is highly unlikely so DJ+2 (June 2022) for the Expo. So plenty of time to get an entry in - does it mean that challenge layouts can also be slight expanded to 62 centimetres x 9.42 inches?

Rn@B.

Hi,
I'd be interested to see your DJ Challenge layout or is it DJ+2 now - noting in the latest newsletter that DJ+1 (June 2021) is highly unlikely so DJ+2 (June 2022) for the Expo. So plenty of time to get an entry in - does it mean that challenge layouts can also be slight expanded to 62 centimetres x 9.42 inches?

Here be a teaser from a few weeks ago. I'm wondering if +2 can be another couple inches all around. It's only DJLC sized - I haven't entered it because there is not a chance it will be substantially complete.

20201112_233513311_iOS.jpg