Heljan 7mm Wagons

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Anyone interested then email me your requirements and I'll do the honours. As I live in Telford then it's not so far for me to cart em ;)

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Yeah that would be good so like I said email me your requirements gents or ladies and I'll be all over it like a tramp on vodka :D

marsa69

Western Thunderer
The list currently stands at 8 confirmed orders. Hot cakes spring to mind :eek::p

At this rate we might be on for a 2nd list :thumbs:

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Other that the brake discs, as Tom mentioned, the vans don't look too bad at all. I'll reserve judgement until I see a decorated example though, that often throws up things that it's hard to spot on an unpainted sample.

hrmspaul

Western Thunderer
The name board on the tank wagon is an odd shape, certainly for an Esso wagon, where the name boards were lozenge shaped, rather than circular. Was that the same for other companies that used these wagons? Given that the name board was the only splash of colour on a black wagon it would stick out like a sore thumb if it was the wrong shape. This is how the MMP kit represents it.View attachment 21572
There is only one photo representing the type. Regent tanks had a circular name board. They don't appear to be trying to represent e very difference between what they are going to produce - all this pre-judgement based on early photos is simply unacceptable.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Ah, I now recognise the model - looks like the old Airfix kit!! This "predates" the VAA & OAA for Era, really, doesn't it?

Probably tells something that our combined 'Pre-Order' list is all VAA's and OAA's at the moment....

I shall wait to see what the production models look like, but I expect to have 10 of the B tankers on my own - Heyside eats wagons! - to go behind my 9F. I've always wanted that, but couldn't face building 10 of MMPs excellent offerings.

There is only one photo representing the type. Regent tanks had a circular name board. They don't appear to be trying to represent e very difference between what they are going to produce - all this pre-judgement based on early photos is simply unacceptable.

I have to say I don't see any pre-judgement, just good mannered discussion of a forthcoming, and rather exciting, product.

Richard

P-J.S.

I'd only be getting 1 Class B tanker, so it seems a bit cheeky saying I'd like to join in the combined Pre-order, but if it helps out with the numbers than I will if I may please?

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
I hope they do a better job on the 7mm scale Cargowaggon, the 4mm one is a bit narrow.

Yeah, it has 'hastings-gauge-itis'... One would hope it'll be updated accordingly for 7mm as blowing that up would make it more obvious. But good news for the modern(ish) market.

Cheers

Tom

Brian Daniels

Western Thunderer
I am pretty certain that these would be a new CAD rather than just blowing up the 4mm one.

I think they will do the original flats like Appleby's as these ones are in Cargowaggon and Corus livery. I think Heljan are looking at making the rail cradles that are on the Corus ones. I will ask the question though whether they could do the later version with the turn over supports in the floor.

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
I will ask the question though whether they could do the later version with the turn over supports in the floor.

Big fingers up to the qu, - more modelling interest with them, some turned up bolsters, some down, the mesh underneath (think etch...). The very 1st ones had turn-over bolsters too :)

Cheers

Tom

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Hello everyone,

There is now a second pre-order list that has been started with 4 wagons added to it. If you would like to take part in the WT Great Pre-order Extravaganza then email me your requirements,

Cheers,

Mark