Help I am getting a bit lost

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Is there any way we can put what scale each individual layout or WB thread is on the header bar at the top. No offence to any-one but I have just been reading a thread involving a load of wagons I would like to get, only to find out they are 4mm and not 7mm. I was most frustrated. On this forum everybody converts/improves things and it's getting a bit hard for me to be able to judge the difference between the scales and I don't think I am alone.

Neil

Western Thunderer
Your wish is my command. I've edited my doing (as opposed to waffling) threads using those fab tabs at the start of the title bar. Most pleased to see 'scattergun' is an option.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
You have to see my point the original forum was mainly for larger scale modellers so it was not a problem then but since then the different scales have arrived (I say again no offence is meant to anyone and may I add alot of excellent layouts and modelling skills too) that it's time that we started to label them as dear departed Cynric started, remember' SPAM'

Neil

Western Thunderer
This is one for Adrian Cherry to address... Cynric started to include "prefix" options to the title line and had not done so in every case.

Over to an Adrian near you... or someone else.

Those options are available in 'layouts' and 'area 51' already, not sure that they have spread to all topics yet.

adrian

Flying Squad
Those options are available in 'layouts' and 'area 51' already, not sure that they have spread to all topics yet.
Thanks for that update. I have been looking at the thread prefixes in the admin area and it seems very flexible which may explain why there is a variation across the different areas.

Basically the software allows you to enable prefixes for specific areas, hence in the 2mm lounge one of the prefixes available is 2mm, but 7mm, S7 etc is not listed etc. I'll go through them and check they are available in the relevant areas but there are plenty of options available so if you've got an example of ones missing then please let me know.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I'll go through them and check they are available in the relevant areas but there are plenty of options available so if you've got an example of ones missing then please let me know.
Thank you for this Adrian. Good to read that WTers can suggest where omissions can be rectified, seems to be a good opportunity for us all to PM to "WT Admin" (or did that "member" join for another reason?).

regards, Graham

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Thank you for this Adrian. Good to read that WTers can suggest where omissions can be rectified, seems to be a good opportunity for us all to PM to "WT Admin" (or did that "member" join for another reason?).

regards, Graham

What member Doggers

adrian

Flying Squad
If the Rt. Hon. Member wishes to make himself known...
Can you explain that really slowly for me to grasp ( and not the member)
I presume it's a cryptic reference to the user WT Admin
http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?members/wt-admin.633/

This was set up by Dikitriki at the time when we were trying to work out what edit options were available to the general users rather than the Flying squad. If you look on the users information page it quite clearly shows who created it.

It's not the only generic user in the system either - Cynric set up a couple of nom-de-plumes for testing various bits of functionality.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
WT Admin was created for a specific purpose, and is not a member as such. Contact with Admin should be made either by PM to one of the Flying Squad or using the reporting function as before.

Richard