How To Reset Your Password - Video

28ten

Guv'nor
Unless there is a major problem I will be taking the site offline on Friday afternoon at some time after 4PM, and if all goes according to plan it should be back online at about 1pm on Saturday. The address will still be www.westernthunder.co.uk
I will be sat next to the computer/ipad ready to deal with any problems  :))

If anybody feels unable to change their password or save their avatar please send me an email ASAP,  subject - password reset, with details of the password you want and I will sort it for you.
I have a backup of all the avatars so if you dont have a copy then that can be fixed as well.

The test site will close tonight, thank you to Neal for giving some useful feedback and Old Buffer for proving the registration works  :thumbs:

After I have been to PCworld for a new microphone  :headbang: I will record some more 'How to' screencasts explaining how to post images etc although it really is very simple.
*** Video explaining how to reset password ***

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Cynric can you save my Avatar as I don't have the original photo anymore and had a hell of a job trying to put it on the site please

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Do i need to save my avatar?. As you know i dont know owt about computers and it took me ages last time :headbang:

Rob :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
lancer1027 said:
Do i need to save my avatar?. As you know i dont know owt about computers and it took me ages last time :headbang:

Rob :wave:
  Ideally, yes  :)) just do the right click save thing, but I do have a copy as well. If you want me to do your password email it to me and I will sort it out

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
The address will still be www.westernthunder.co.uk .

If anybody feels unable to change their password ... I will sort it for you.

Whilst I enter "westernthunder.co.uk" each time that I visit the site there are occasions where the browser shows that the request is being re-directed via "westernthunder.me.uk".

What is happening to passwords across the change?  What is the status of an account after the change?  I guess that what I am asking is "what do I type in the password box when I login at some point next week?".

Thank you, Graham

28ten

Guv'nor
All the account details such as username, location, join date, posts etc, remain unchanged all that needs to be done a password reset and upload an avatar and I will do a better video tonight showing exactly what to do.

Im not importing personal messages, but if the need arises I will be able to retrieve the old messages

Neil

Western Thunderer
As part of the testing process I trialled the mk1 video on how to reset the password for the new version of the forum. I'm not well versed in computing but I found it to be a relatively easy process. If you've ever lost your password for another website and had to have a replacement e-mailed to you then you're 90% of the way there; the process is very similar. If not then I'd recommend watching the video through once and then by opening another window or tab in your browser taking the password process on Thunder through step by step in parallel with the vid.

Simon

Flying Squad
28ten said:
A new video showing how to save avatar and reset password
you might want to bookmark it  8)

Very good, I now feel suitably prepared for entry into your splendid new gaffe.

Mind you, I was a bit concerned that the "next up" video was going to be Epic Farting Pikachu I didn't hang around......

Hopefully the windows can be opened in the new place :eek:

daifly

Western Thunderer
Simon said:
I now feel suitably prepared for entry into your splendid new gaffe.

Deliberate or accidental use of 'gaffe'?

gaffe - Noun. An unintentional act or remark causing embarrassment to its originator; a blunder: "an unforgivable social gaffe".
gaff – Noun. 1. Place of residence or work.

Dave

Simon

Flying Squad
daifly said:
Deliberate or accidental use of 'gaffe'?

gaffe - Noun. An unintentional act or remark causing embarrassment to its originator; a blunder: "an unforgivable social gaffe".
gaff – Noun. 1. Place of residence or work.

Dave

Accidental - I was vaguely aware that the spellings of each might be different :-[

Well that's something new I've learned today and its only 9.30 :D

I think the new gaff is definitely not a gaffe and will try not to fill it with guff.

Simon

Off to pack some orders and further "test" George's system......

28ten

Guv'nor
Bump to the top
I have decided to activate a guest forum on the updated board for the next couple of weeks during the transition period, so should have any problem resetting your password you can post there and I will fix things for you  ;D

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hi Cynric, I saved my avatar and now ive re loaded or whatever its called its very pixellated, why has this happened? Thanks Ross:)):)

rosspeacock

Hi again, another point... Why am I a new member again? :( I was well over half way to becoming a "Thunderer"
Ross......:rant::'(

28ten

Guv'nor
The cache needs to update there are a lot of new members who are not :cool:
your avatar is a low res image, if I get time I will see what I can do tomorrow, or better still do you have the original picture?

rosspeacock

I'll have a look and see if I can find it, thanks for the speedy reply, not sure but think it was always a fairly low res image, think I think I could have re sized it before so I could get it to fit the old forums? Ross:thumbs: