Prototype Koln 2011.

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Let's hope my second attempt to post this message goes well ................Here goes:=

I came cross these pictures whilst tidying the pictures section on my computer. If I have put them up on WT before, my apologies, but I hope you have not previously seen them and enjoy Koln in September 2011 - good grief - where does time go?

SAM_0059.JPG 146 007 has just arrived from Bonn after conveying me to Koln. I am the left hand shadow in the right lower foreground.

SAM_0060.JPG 628 602 on a local turn to Koln Deutz My thanks to Yorkshire Dave for his help on this one,

SAM_0064.JPG 111- 115 has arrived from the Dusseldorf area with a terminating service which it will propel back to its station of origin.

SAM_0063.JPG 120 106 arriving with an IC train.

Trusting it all went well this time. Have a good 2021 whatever the pertinent circumstances.

Cheers,
Roger

Last edited:

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Dave,
I like the picture - had quite a number of journeys behind members of this class, but not 1601, strangely enough. Most notable was a return journey from Koln to Oostende when 1602 failed at Bruxelles causing a mass transfer to a service train with a class 26 at the head. Happy days, now long past.

Roger.

Brian Daniels

Western Thunderer
My days at Köln go back to 1980 when I first went to Europe spotting/haulage bashing and been a couple of times every year since, bar this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 2 bridges over the Rhine back then as well.

056 111.130 Köln 18-11-80.jpg

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I've happy memories of sitting outside a bar next to the station for many years before I retired when I used to go to Photokina. Good colleagues, good company, good sausages, great view.......

Brian