LarryG's general album

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Hi Larry, that painting is a “star”! Sorry, couldn't help it, I am a bit travel weary today. But I did finally get to open up my Birmingham Corporation Guy Arab bus with the 63 service to Rubery! It is indeed a fine model, too bad they don’t do a 7mm scale version. I need to visit the transport museum at Wythall, also a station on the North Warwickshire Line, just north of Earlswood. I see that Rapido scanned the preserved bus for accuracy and have added thanks in the descriptive notes that go with the model.

Paul

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
And to you and yours Larry. Let us all hope that 2020 brings us the necessary inspiration to continue to share in this wonderful hobby and go some way to achieving our ambitions - whatever they may be.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

kind regards

Mike
Seasonal Greetings and thanks very much. I still have a signalbox interior to assemble in the New Year from a very kind person on this forum... :thumbs::D

LarryG

Western Thunderer
While experimenting with pale orange-red brickwork recently, I pondered on where I might still see a Cambrian Railways building. This afternoon I came across this picture taken on 23rd October 2003. I only shot the Unit because I was in the car park eating a locally made meat pie. So there we are; I only have to pop over the mountain to see one now...

WEB Portmadoc..jpg

Deano747

Western Thunderer
Wow, just a few posts back it was comments on 2019 and looking forward to what 2020 might bring. Who would have guessed?!
Let's hope 2021 is an improvement, albeit it may take time. (I will get to Telford, or the new venue, one year)

Regards, Rob.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Scottish Highlands? Nope; Welsh Heelands with K4 crossing the River Conwy near Llanrwst on 3rd August 2013. I thought nothing of driving here just to eat my butties and photograph a flask or gunpowder train then return home to get on with painting someone loco or whatever. But this was one of my final outings photographing the railway. The interest had gone after 37 years. They filled a chapter in my life ...

WEB K4 Troderavon.jpg

LarryG

Western Thunderer
People might find it hard to believe that the river Conwy laps against the bridge girders when in flood. It fills the whole valley like a lake becasue the railway embankment further down acts as a dam. When my photo of a train crossing the bridge in just such conditions was published in March 1990, it was enough to prompt immediate action by BR. Thereafter, services cease when the river reaches a certain height part way up the lower pillars.

Last edited: