Let's try this again (a re-introduction)...

flexible_coupling

Western Thunderer
Hi all,
I'll start this off by saying that I'd never really expected to be anything other than a lurker here, but I've rapidly found myself enjoying the place a great deal and am finding myself drawn to contribute far more than on rmweb for one reason or another.

Now - when I signed up on rmweb (which I also, originally, viewed as a place to lurk and not really contribute), and for a number of reasons (none-the-least being my association with a international model railway manufacturer and a disinterest in ending up associating with ye old 'keyboard warriors'), I made the decision to employ an alias, 'John Timms'. Signing up here with the same moniker, I maintained the same alias to avoid conflict - a decision I'm honestly not comfortable persisting with.

I spoke with Simon and Adrian about my conundrum, and this thread of attempting to set the record straight is the result. My real name is David Germain - I prefer Dave - but every other detail/interest/bias/preference and persuasion (including Bolton Wanderers FC) is 100% true to my personality :)

For the purpose of completeness-of-the-record, I will be amending my original 'Hello' thread from late last year shortly to clear the slate. I never reference my name, faux or real, on rmweb - my posting there has dipped right off recently anyhow. I'd like to sincerely apologize for any/all deception on my part - as I've said, I put myself into what could be seen as a 'foolish' position (it seemed sensible enough at the time - oh common sense, why do you forsake me?) and I'd like very much to be able to correct that.

I hope to be able to contribute well to this forum in time to come as my layout slowly comes together, and I'm still quite hopeful in being able to make my UK trip happen this year!
Best regards,
Dave.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Thanks for the honesty and re welcome. I personally think that this forum has thrived due to the calibre of the members and their ability to self regulate their manner and integrate into the group, in modern speak be proactive rather than reactive. I have been guilty in the past of rising to something I found offensive and reacted in a way not becoming to the good order of this forum. Well done that man even though you follow Bolton.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Nothing right with it either, the only redeeming feature is the BLUE they have on their strips