Today's update has a bit of everything. I have a set of NMBS/SNCB steam loco transfers heading my way so that my Fleischmann 2-6-0 tank and Swedish 0-8-0 can be transformed into Belgian class 96 and 81 respectively.However I've realised that there's a risk I'll end up with more projects on the go than I would really like so I thought it would be good to focus on a couple of others to see if I could get them finished. First up the Night Ferry brake. Today it's had its transfers applied and sealed with Testors Dullcote. I've done this now to avoid having to mask the glazing which will be the next step of the build. It's very satisfying to see this splash of colour amidst the more sombre shades of the rest of my rolling stock. Next is the Western Region mess van. Doors have been cut from 20 thou plasticard and stuck in place, below the window the filed down remains of the veranda door add support; above the door it's a strip of 40 thou behind the door top and the van roof. Next will be fashioning and fitting the side windows. Finally a photo of some other York showing a bit of a blind alley but illustrating the value of being able to plan out in full size in situ. Though I was generally happy with the way the layout was shaping up I was concious that trains approaching the yard over the BR connection would be largely hidden on their journey from the fiddle yard, not just by the glassworks buildings but by all the scenery to the right of them. As an experiment I tried shifting the glassworks right to the end of the scenic section of the layout. Still not happy as I've lost some of the coherence of the previous arrangement. However being unhappy with the glassworks at either end of this side of the layout does suggest that a near central position might be the way forward. Some further pottering in the garage seems called for.