7mm Lionheart 45xx Prairie

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
I was talking with Richard Webster of Lionheart this morning and he tells me that progess of the recently announced 45xx prairie had been slightly delayed due to the Chinese new year and that the first samples will not therefore be making their debut at Kettering as hoped - but they will be at Halifax in June.

Two versions are planned - 4500 - 54 flat tank top and fully finished and numbered and 4555 - 74 fully finished except for numbers and they will also have the sloping tank tops, curved section on the running plate by the cylinders and other detail differences

- he made no mention of likely prices, but start saving:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Martyn.

my 7404 should be arriving tomorrow - I have been looking at my 'shunting plank' and with a little bit of tweeking, it could become yet another GWR branch terminus. Been doing a bit of research today trying to find out coach types used on the Fairford branch and there is a delightful picture on the web of 7412 pulling two Collett coaches - a blood & custard C54/60/62 and a D94/127 brake in lined maroon + another showing what looks like the same 'set' together with an unlined maroon CCT - all very tempting.

cheers

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
The EGR is a lovely little branch, the stations are a bit long to model but Witney goods has possibilities. I used to cross the old track daily when I was out training. Witney is one of those stations that should still be in use today as there is so much road traffic there

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Sorry - I was referring to Mike's comment about engines in green dirt and carriage stock in pre-blue.

Apologies to Messrs. Jordan, Iploffy and Marsa...

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
black is the new blue, except of course in the West Midlands, Lincolnshire and deepest Hampshire - no apologies needed, just a pint for all of us at Telford.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Martyn,

just taken delivery 40 minutes ago, will post some photos later this afternoon - after another 'play' - first impressions are very good.

cheers

Mike

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
black is the new blue, except of course in the West Midlands, Lincolnshire and deepest Hampshire - no apologies needed, just a pint for all of us at Telford.

cheers

Mike

Mike,
In darkest, deepest Lincolnshire APPLE GREEN and freight black rule.
Alan