Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956

Discussion in 'S7 Group' started by eastsidepilot, 2 August 2012.

1. Scale7JB

Scale7JB Western Thunderer

That'll make John chuckle..

JB.

ceejaydee likes this.
  2. eastsidepilot

eastsidepilot Western Thunderer

Thanks for the update Tim.
    This is a typical GER track layout and will prove interesting in operation with the push/pull working in and out from the country end and the conventional two or three coach suburban passenger running in and being run round and taken back into town.:thumbs:....and then there's the goods.

ATB, Col.

3. 40126

40126 Western Thunderer

Hello Mudhen :thumbs:

No pics of the 40 !!!! :headbang:

Steve :cool:

4. BrushType4

BrushType4 Western Thunderer

You wouldn't like it as he has only gone and painted it the wrong colour....

40126 and lancer1027 like this.
  5. eastsidepilot

Oh no he hasn't he's painted it the only livery it should be:p ....well that's how I remember them:D.
    And another visitor today at Love Lane was an LNWR 0-8-0.
    Tim, John and myself attended and an extra board was fitted on the end of the layout and covered in cork and some short lengths of track laid.

ATB, Col.:) DSCF2844.JPG DSCF2845.JPG DSCF2846.JPG

P A D, 40126, BrushType4 and 2 others like this.
  6. Dog Star

Dog Star Western Thunderer

Webb used a centre bearing for some of his engines... I looked at your photo of the frame (posted some time back) and I could not see such a feature. Although this might upset the LNWR afficinados I have no idea which of the Webb classes had the centre bearing so I hope that you can provide some insight into that aspect of LNWR engine design.

regards, Graham

7. 40126

40126 Western Thunderer

Thankyou ;)

Maybe wrong colour, But very nice, all the same :thumbs::thumbs:

Steve :cool:

BrushType4 likes this.
  8. eastsidepilot

Graham,
    No centre bearing on the A class but I do know that some other LNWR loco's do, I'll have a look through my info and find out which.

Col.

9. BrushType4

It was great to see the progress on Love Lane today. It is shaping up to be an excellent layout. Shame it will be too big for the scale33 competition. :rolleyes:

Well done guys. :thumbs:

ceejaydee likes this.
  10. ceejaydee

ceejaydee Western Thunderer

Another Sunday meeting that I have not managed to make.... must try harder in 2013 :rolleyes:

11. Wagonman

Wagonman Western Thunderer

You and me both...

12. 7mmMick

7mmMick Western Thunderer

And me into the trying harder group.....

ATB Mick

BrushType4 likes this.
  13. Rob Pulham

Rob Pulham Western Thunderer

No pictures yet,:oops: but I have made start on the Parkside kits. I have the loco coal wagon assembled, sprung and just needing details. Having perfected the method of springing using Slaters plunger pick up springs and plastic rod (I tried a couple of methods springing a couple of LNER 12 tons vans of my own before venturing onto the S7 kits) I am confident that I can do the same on the van kit.

BrushType4 likes this.
  14. Scale7JB

Scale7JB Western Thunderer

I have to admit, I wouldn't use Slaters kits now (unless there was something specific I wanted), as the Parkside kits are so easy to spring..

JB.

15. ceejaydee

ceejaydee Western Thunderer

If I've got my dates right then I think that it is a meeting at Sudbury this Sunday?
    Don't think that I'll be able to make it so if anyone going could pass my apologies and regards on to Peter then it would be much appreciated :thumbs:

16. eastsidepilot

Will do Chris:thumbs:.

Col.

ceejaydee likes this.
  17. eastsidepilot

DSCF2875.JPG DSCF2874.JPG A little up date on Love Lane, at the monthly meet on last Sunday, wiring has begun on the underside of the base boards.
    The layout is currently covered in tools and materials as these shots show. The giant house in the back ground is not part of the layout:rolleyes:.

ATB, Col.

18. 7mmMick

7mmMick Western Thunderer

Thanks for posting some pictures Col, looks like a real hive of activity there which is all good :thumbs:

ATB Mick

19. BrushType4

I'm not sure but I think the houses are a bit over scale for S7? :))

eastsidepilot likes this.
  20. eastsidepilot

Tim, two John's and others have been attending on Wednesdays are the Guy's who have got the ball rolling with this.
    I did discuss the station buildings with Peter as we are trying to sort out how best to use the materials that Peter Cavalier had accumulated.
    I think the track work has been finalized now, so I will draw a "Rice" style plan soon and post on here.
    Any input and idea's from those afar is welcome of coarse.:thumbs:

Col.