Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956-59

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
The Concrete Utilities lamp post is excellent Peter and I trust your well being is continuing to improve.

All these Concrete Utilities lamp reminds me I have to produce some of my own street and LT platform lighting! However, I think the LT produced their 'New Works' programme ones in their own concrete works. But oh what shape Concrete Utilities post to choose... hexagonal, square? Fortunately there is a Concrete Utilities lamp post about 5 metres from my front door which I'll have to measure.

The LT ones are easy as they are square posts :).

I noticed the rectangular sodium lamp in the Concrete Utilities photo and may consider using warm yellow surface mounted LEDs in an acrylic surround similar to C103283 from the 1938 catalogue above - with a dab of orange or red glass paint for the orange sodium glow.

pl15605686-surface_mount_pcb_0603_package_white_smd_led_diode_lights_1_6mmx0_8mm_dc_25ma_350_500mcd_power_led_chip.jpg

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Finally we have started to get the country end bridge into position, replacing the half relief version which has been looking rather orphaned since we left Peter Hunt's shop where it was, appropriately, against a wall. Sad to discard it, as it is a fine piece of model making by Peter.

The roadway and upper walls are all cut and I hope it will be complete for Bristol on January 26th. It may even be painted.Country bridge.jpg

John

Last edited:

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
John that is a great bridge. Looks like that has taken some time to cut. The bricks in the arch are halved at the ends. Is that how they would have been?

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Phil

Each side took 68 minutes. I could probably have run a bit quicker but the engrave settings seem to work OK and we are not time limited.

Good point about the end arch bricks and they are potentially wrong. I copied the layout on the old bridge as the original plan was to mate another half bridge to the one we already have until we realised that was just as much work. Peter made the original bridge using an overlay of embossed plastic sheet and that was presumably the way the sheet was embossed.

Thanks for pointing it out to everyone!

Happy Christmas to all from the Love Lane group

Why not make your new year's resolution to have a look at S7?

John

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi John,

So can you confirm Love Lane will be at the Bristol show in January? I do hope so, I have been looking forward to seeing the layout .

Martyn.

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Pete came over this afternoon and evening try to have the bridges in place for the Bristol show. There are over 100 drawings for laser cutting parts for the two bridges. The walls bounding the road are coming on. Quick shots on my phone of the country end bridge.

IMG_0990.jpg IMG_0991.jpg