Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956-59

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
The boards have been levelled, points adjusted and the layout has been readied for test running on Sunday. we can run DC or DCC so all locos welcome.
Tim

Hi Everyone,

Can you still run DC on Love Lane and are there any plans to take it to Brightwell again this year? I only ask as I could do with a test run through the points thats all :thumbs:

ATB Mick

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Hi Mick, I don't know too much about Love Lane these days, but I believe DC or DCC can be used...... Just not at the same time of course.. :)

JB.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Cheers JB, it may be that at long last, after about six months off i'll be able to do some modelling soon and will be in danger of getting something running :))

ATB Mick

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Schurely not! Look forward to seeing you and the engines mate... Where we're you up to on the G5 mate?

JB.

She's on the back burner. I really need to speak to Steph as he was looking at a gear box to do the job and it sounded cheaper than the ABC one we discussed way back when. If I got that sorted I wouldn't be far off with that either as the body is almost there,

Mick

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Hi Everyone,

Can you still run DC on Love Lane and are there any plans to take it to Brightwell again this year? I only ask as I could do with a test run through the points thats all :thumbs:

ATB Mick
I believe the plan is to attend Brightwell this year, pulling down and errecting was practiced just this last meet, I think the layout will run on both DCC and DC but on DC only one loco at a time, I'm sure your wishes could be accomodated at the appropriate time by asking the relevant parties on the day ;)

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Yes, I believe it is running as a layout rather than a demo piece this year?

I need to get those N7's running!

JB.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Bugger, no pressure then. Not sure I dare stop running and do a test run with everyone watching :eek: Without wanting to sound like a complete DCC novice ( I am of course ) what would I need to run DCC and how much brass are we talking ??

Mick

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I think you can get a bog standard non-sound chip for around £30 I think, but you need to be sure that none of the brake gear or frames will short out as that can cause the chip to 'pop', which isn't much fun...

JB.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
I may risk it mate but then would hate to buy it and then blow it up, not good. I may wait till the end and push it through the points when no one is looking !!

Mick

mickoo

Western Thunderer
As I said, I'm sure a polite word at the appropriate time would be benificial, I'm sure we will bring a DC controller to 'test' the track 'if so required'.

I'm sure Tim or Colin will be along at some point to clarify the issue.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
As I said, I'm sure a polite word at the appropriate time would be benificial, I'm sure we will bring a DC controller to 'test' the track 'if so required'.

I'm sure Tim or Colin will be along at some point to clarify the issue.

Cheers Mick,

Will do :thumbs:

Mick

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
Love Lane will run DC or DCC but as said only one loco when on DC. The layout is making progress although fairly slowly; sleepers and rail have had an initial coat of paint ready to begin ballasting. We have basic platforms and mock-up of some buildings so it does look much more like a layout than last year. Anyone is welcome to bring locos and stock to test or just admire running. No one needs to be embarrassed about

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
testing in public, we been through a lot and learnt loads on the way whilst building the layout in the last year. I've made a few notes about track building which I hope to write-up soon with the intention of helping others avoid the pitfalls I've experienced; it would be good to discuss track building and my findings with others who may have been through a similar experience.
See you all there,
Tim

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
testing in public, we been through a lot and learnt loads on the way whilst building the layout in the last year. I've made a few notes about track building which I hope to write-up soon with the intention of helping others avoid the pitfalls I've experienced; it would be good to discuss track building and my findings with others who may have been through a similar experience.
See you all there,
Tim

That's great Tim thank you. Looking forward to a track building thread as this will be a great help to me certainly and to others i'm sure. Any chance of a picture to show progress? I must get that brake van built, I had a gentle reminder from PJH the other day :thumbs:

Mick

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
........... Any chance of a picture to show progress? ....................

Mick

Here you go Mick, from last Sundays meet:thumbs:

First shot a view through the road bridge from the country end, looks like sombodies about to poison Tim's tea:eek::D
DSCF3180.JPG

Tim, Mick and Dave adjust one of the switches.
DSCF3181.JPG

LoveLanes J68 ( or should that be Stratford's ) is run through to test the track, look's like it's been through a rain shower.
DSCF3182.JPG
As you can see ballasting and rail weathering has taken place, I believe Sopwith Steve and John Watson carried this out, although others I'm not aware of may have helped.
There has also been a lot of unseen work carried out by various members on the wiring and point operating units.
Work continues on scenary, structures with signaling and point rodding being looked at know.

LoveLane will be at the S7 meet organised by Rob Thompson at Brightwell-cum-Sotwell, Oxfordshire on the 12th April. Non S7 members are welcome but be warned you may leave at the end of the day with a membership form stuffed somewhere:eek::D:))

ATB, Col.