4mm LUMSDONIA ¦Layout and Website

TimberSurf

So the Church Diorama is more or less finished, still need to tidy up a few bits, do some weathering, etc

It is[12.5in by 24in (320x610mm)]. It is edged with an angled side so, as tapered, it will drop into a flush, mating hole in the layout.
The diorama features built in sound, full lighting (four separate circuits:- the lychgate, external flood lighting and two in the church), animated coffin, animated wedding photographers flash, working synchronous multi clocks, super detail stained glass windows, complete compound walling, lychgate, 120 realistic graves, wedding scene, funeral scene, grave diggers shed and a feature I have not seen before, detachable quick removable roofs!
I was not happy with the buttresses as supplied, so decided to make my own, using SMS quoins, I made a master, glued a wooden former together and cast it in silicon, so I can now crank out lots of the same in plaster. I also added the spire, as not supplied in the kit and developed my own idea for the stone covering and added the additional quoins.

So here is the Church Video

TimberSurf

A new chapter has started at Lumsdonia, one of learning, a new production facility has been installed with a 3D printer!
The printing side of things will be a steep learning curve, but as I am already familiar with 3D CAD design, making my own models rather than downloading others will produce some unique results! After just a month of ownership, some of the items coming out of the factory . . . .
Lumsdonia 3D Prints Gallery

TimberSurf

My WWS (War World Scenics Facebook) Remembrance Diorama Competition entry
"BOCHE BUSTER"
BL18-inch railway howitzer
Constructed on 19mm chipboard and edged with varnished wood, this electrically powered diorama, shows the Rail Gun being loaded with shells by it's supply train and guarded by a squad of infantry, with some REME soldiers and the artillery gunnery crew loading and maintaining the gun. There is little information I can find on the operation of these guns, veiled in secrecy, I guess we will never know. The biggest rail gun in Germany (that ran on twin tracks) had 2,000 soldiers in attendance! The two British ones were never used in anger in WW2. So I have guessed much of the workings and used my imagination for the shell transport.
The AA gun and sandbags are downloaded from thingiverse
The shells (live and spent), shell trolleys (full and empty), the claws (open and closed) and the 18in track (straights and curves), were all designed by me
All the above were 3D printed
TerraMuck (sculptamould) is homemade
Barbed wire is home made
The Camo netting is homemade
The rocks were cast from home made moulds
ROD loco by Bachmann
Howitzer by Oxford Rail
Vent vans by Hornby
Figures by Airfix

Less of a diorama and more of a shelf layout/photo scene/lift out module for the future!

To many big photo's to load here, so here are

14 Pictures

and the Video!

TimberSurf

Having bought a 3D printer, with the intent of making items for my layout in numbers and for stuff that is not available elsewhere, I have truly got the bug! Modelling on Lumsdonia (not in CAD) has been scarce, but I now have a portfolio of over 1,000 items designed and printed! The feed back has been extremely positive and I have been badgered to sell them for ages, so I have now launched many of the items under the brand Timbscale, so others can enjoy my creations as well! Lumsdonia has taken a backseat, but once I carry on building, I will have a wealth of items not found elsewhere. Stop press Doh! I am seeing them on others layouts before mine!!!

TimberSurf

Img_3256s.jpg
Ready for the launch of my modular walling range, I decided to make a diorama to show off the range of components. I could not fit all 240 variants, but it shows off how seamless the joins are and a tiny fraction of what's available. The building is a Petite Properties that I hade made a year ago. Given I have don no modelling for about 2 years (other than in CAD), it was good to get the glue and paints out for change!