7mm Newhurst in O Gauge

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
The superb Newhurst built by Rob & John was featured in September 2018 Railway Modeller and was on display at Telford Guildex 2018 in analogue format.
I am delighted to say it is coming north of the Border for conversion to full DCC sound and has bookings for 2019 and beyond, so fun times ahead.
Here is a video of some of the action from Guildex.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Cliff,

very envious, it is one of the best layouts that I have seen for quite a while. One question though, repeated from our conversation on Sunday - where will you fit the Severn bridge in?

regards

Mike

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Thanks for posting the video. Great looking layout that will only be enhanced by the addition of some subtle sound.

A relatively simple track plan, ideal for watching the trains go by. I especially like that room has been given to scenics and buildings so that it does look like a slice of Railway rather than a 'see how much track can be fitted on the boards'.

Looking forward to seeing it at a show at some point.

Chris Klein

I managed to view the layout and talk to the crew before Guildex opened on Saturday. It is a cracking layout and, for me, instantly recognisable as a location somewhere in the New Forest area, which is only about 15 minutes from where I live.

Regards,

CK

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
The set up is done by Bryan Robertson, you have to turn off F1 and as it goes into shutdown you tap another function key and away you go on third rail, it cannot be done on the move though, the one compromise to it.