News from JLTRT

SimonT

Western Thunderer
but no one else that I know of states a preference
JB,
you will find that the Finney7 kits do come with motor/gearbox recommendations. We also list the Slater's wheel references.
Simon

S7BcSR

Western Thunderer
John

Didn't Ixion manage to produce some unusual RtR models that sold pretty well. Also Minerva with their industrials. Both from approximately the same stable I know, but there is proof that the unusual will sell pretty well. What it needs is someone to take the "bull by the horns" and produce a less well known main line locomotive to prove that they will sell because they are RtR. Didn't LLC do it with the Class 15 (an unusual prototype to say the least but probably proving itself as a reasonable seller) and isn't the Ruston DS48 also in the same category (I must remember to order mine pdq!).

I would have thought that a LSWR loco would be quite a good seller in RtR, say an O2, G6 because they ran from the late 19th Century through to the 1960s. For the LNER probably something like a J52, C12/13 would probably sell quite well. These are all relatively small classes but they are pretty well known. I know it is a matter of putting finance up to ensure they get under way but small RtR locos would probably always be likely to sell well because they would fit both large and small layouts whereas the big express locoswill be very popular but surely they would have a more restricted sale as many modellers just couldn't fit them on their layouts.

Rob