Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '2mm Lounge' started by john lewsey, 2 February 2015.
Hi just a couple more it's still a dry run just checking the fit etc the next job is to put the chassis together properly
Hi a couple of people said that they were interested to see how I did the chassis so here goes
Sorry they aren't in the right order but I've soldered the Paxsolin to the frames ive purposefully made them to big I then tested them with a meter to make sure that there were no shorts and then filed them to the shape of the frames ive just put the frame spacers resting on the frames just so that you can see where this is hopefully going
Have you any idea how good it feels to have got to this stage
Looking really good John.
Yes My 'moment' is when it first moves under its own power.
I'm very impressed with the quality of the wheels.
Yes looking forward to that bit
And yes the wheels are very nice aren't they
Hi I Finnished early today so I thought I'd try to get the smoke box done to be honest I was dreading it but it seems ok it's starting to look like an engine .I'm hoping to pick up the castings at Aylsbury on Saturday
I do hope that I'm not boring you all
Why would you think that? I find it fascinating seeing the model progress.
Absolutely not John.
This whole site is about showing others what you are doing. If nobody took the time and effort to post, then we would have nothing.
Personally, I'm very interested to see how a good 2mm F/S kit builds, so keep up the good work.
Very motivating John. Even though I work in much bigger scales you may it so tempting. My brother Bob models 2mm FS so I'll have to chivy him up to get going on a loco.
Looking forward to it coming for a run on the North Somerset Light at some time in the future. A handsome beast of a loco.
Thank you all your very kind the funny thing is the photos make it look quite big but it is tiny .
When I did the smoke box I used solder paste for the front of the smoke box rested it on top and heated the barrel with a blow lamp then formed the wrapp used solder paste again and then used a blow lamp to heat the barrel it's the first time I've tried this and thankfully it seems to have worked
I thought I'd just put one more in
A sign of things to come (hopefully)