One of Ebays finest....

Discussion in 'Talk' started by 3 LINK, 16 August 2020.

1. Steph Dale

Steph Dale Western Thunderer

I found the lot on line (it's here Vintage Railway Carriage VERY RARE WOULD MAKE A GREAT PROJECT | eBay) and it's certainly interesting. Almost certainly not worth the asking price, but might have enough going for it that it may well appeal to someone.

The coach has distinctive semi-circular topped doors, which I can't place, and it's actually sitting on an ancient AEC truck chassis, which seems remarkably complete.

Steph

3 LINK likes this.
  2. eastsidepilot

eastsidepilot Western Thunderer

3. Steph Dale

Steph Dale Western Thunderer

4. oldravendale

oldravendale Western Thunderer

Met Railway stock also has curved tops to the doors. I agree less likely than GER in that part of the country though. Is there a lot of surfing in Dereham?

Brian

5. eastsidepilot

Jon Nazareth likes this.
  6. daifly

daifly Western Thunderer

ICH60 and 76043 like this.
  7. simond

simond Western Thunderer

Open mouthed astonishment...

I think it’s possible to obtain kits for both vehicles from other sources, I’d guess for less than half these sums.

nowt so queer as folk.
    Simon

8. MartinWales

MartinWales Western Thunderer

Bidding fever perhaps?

9. Osgood

Osgood Western Thunderer

Symptoms?
    Dry mouth, itchy finger.......

Deano747 likes this.
  10. mickoo

mickoo Western Thunderer

11. Overseer

Overseer Western Thunderer

A truly beautiful model!

English is such a flexible language. It looks like a saddle tank I made when I was 8 or 9 in approximately O scale but the only wheels I could get were Romfords so near scale apart from too many spokes. Mine was made from zinc sheet just about soldered together then sprayed green from a can. I think it made a one way trip to the tip many years ago.

The pick ups are a wondrous thing. And it looks like BALL BEARINGS.

12. eastsidepilot

Deano747 likes this.
  13. Genghis

Genghis Western Thunderer

I don't know about the cattle wagon, but I own the master for the Mica van! I hope to have it back in production in the new year for rather less than this one sold for.

Dave

76043 likes this.
  14. Genghis

Genghis Western Thunderer

I tried to locate who has sold the cattle wagon but couldn't. Meteor perhaps?
    Dave

15. Mike W

Mike W Western Thunderer

Is the clue in the location? Being sold with lots of other kits and models from Bournemouth which is just down the road from Poole, as in black hole of ...

Mike

16. Mike W

Mike W Western Thunderer

To be more precise, these look like Adrian Swain's display models and some of his own collection, but the vendor on ebay has made a few errors. For instance the LNWR 0-4-0 saddle tank is nothing to do with ABS Models, but hand built by John Dale and presumably bought by Adrian Swain for his own interest.

Mike

17. mickoo

mickoo Western Thunderer

18. markjj

markjj Western Thunderer

3 LINK and Deano747 like this.
  19. 3 LINK and Deano747 like this.
  20. markjj

markjj Western Thunderer