Overhead warning plates

28ten

Guv'nor
As mentioned elsewhere I am going to do an etch for the warning plates, the shot shows an MMP plate placed on D1011. showing what they will look like. This is a standard size and is also suitable for other items of rolling stock so it should be really handy, and yes it will have the half etch for the screw holes :D
It will be etched in 8thou brass, and a sheet will probably have 20 plates. Fox transfers will fit although they require trimming as they are too long, and to my eyes look a little over scale. I may well end up getting some transfers made, but that is a little down the road yet.
I know Dan and Lancer would like some, anybody else want any?

Attachments

• IMG_3095.JPG
    IMG_3095.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 152

28ten

Guv'nor
Phill Dyson said:
That looks nice, but won't the half etch holes be covered over by the transfers?
Phill :wave:
Hopefully not with some decal softener :laugh: and its always possible to trim a little off the transfer.

28ten

Guv'nor
Dikitriki said:
I'd like some overhead warning plates please.

Richard
Ok :thumbs:

Given a following wind I will email the artwork at the weekend, hopefully I will then get them back before Easter

Andrew Thompson

Western Thunderer
I have a Western on the back burner and would like some plates .
Nb would these be applicable for other locos of that era ?

Andrew

28ten

Guv'nor
Andrew Thompson said:
I have a Western on the back burner and would like some plates .
Nb would these be applicable for other locos of that era ?

Andrew
Hello Andrew :wave:
It is a standard size, so its suitable for anything that had a warning panel, either locos or rolling stock

28ten

Guv'nor
Here is the plate with full size dimensions, I just need to scale it down and sort the tabs etc. The holes will be a half etch

Attachments

• Preview of ?ole plate.tcp?-1.jpg
    Preview of ?ole plate.tcp?-1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 147

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
Here is the plate with full size dimensions, I just need to scale it down and sort the tabs etc. The holes will be a half etch

It's just a thought Cynric, but the prototype retaining screws were probably dome headed, so maybe the screws on the miniature version should be represented by surface etching the front (as if they were rivets), or half etched holes on the back, which could then be embossed?

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
With a half etch for the screws you could always flip it over and emboss it. Really it's just going to be a suggestion of the fixing.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
There you go Cynric :thumbs:

[attachment=0:25taofke]img112.jpg[/attachment:25taofke]

Phill :thumbs:

Attachments

• img112.jpg
    img112.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 22

28ten

Guv'nor
Phill Dyson said:
There you go Cynric :thumbs:

[attachment=0:3kberdaq]img112.jpg[/attachment:3kberdaq]

Phill :thumbs:
Thanks Phill, I feel some custom transfers coming on :laugh:
I based my dimensions on an MMP plate which is spot on :thumbs: it also shows that the Fox transfers must be a bit off.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
I based my dimensions on an MMP plate which is spot on :thumbs: it also shows that the Fox transfers must be a bit off.
Maybe if you get your own transfers done, you could get the red writing & flash done on clear backing & just paint the actual plates white & not cover the etch screws?
Phill :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""28ten"":4n93x6jm]
Maybe if you get your own transfers done, you could get the red writing & flash done on clear backing & just paint the actual plates white & not cover the etch screws?
Phill :wave:[/quote:4n93x6jm]
Thats exactly what I was thinking :thumbs: