Overhead warning plates

28ten

Guv'nor
I had 5 minutes to spare so I thought I would try the access plates. I cut them from the etch with xuron etch cutters and there was no problem with distortion, it was then a matter of some gentle draw fileing and sanding. I used canopy glue to secure this one as it it gives some time to position the plate and the squeeze out is easy to remove (this hasn't been done in the photo) all the cab needs now is a gentle rubdown and a final dust with grey primer and its good to go.
I will order a second batch next week and fingers crossed the transfers wont be long arriving......

Attachments

• IMG_3517.JPG
    IMG_3517.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3517.JPG
    IMG_3517.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 39

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Cynric, yep they certainly look the job :bowdown:
Mmmmmm maroon ???? what happened to blue i wonder ? :? I hope its just a funny colour undercoat :lol: :thumbs:
Looks great tho :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
lancer1027 said:
Hi Cynric, yep they certainly look the job :bowdown:
Mmmmmm maroon ???? what happened to blue i wonder ? :? I hope its just a funny colour undercoat :lol: :thumbs:
Looks great tho :thumbs:

Rob :wave:
This one is not for me....

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer
Hi Cynric.Would like a set of warning notices's (etches and transfers) but can't see how to get in touch! Help.

regards

Rog

28ten

Guv'nor
Ian, yes I am doing some transfers. Rog, I am doing a second batch, which will be ordered when I do Ians MK1 windows - hopefully in the couple of weeks.  I am having a break from 'PC modelling' to push on with the Western  8)

28ten

Guv'nor
iploffy said:
Meant to ask are the transfers the same size for wagons kill 2 birds with 1 stone then :thumbs:

Ian
yes, but they need to be on the plates as they are only the red lettering, if you want something with the background then Fox are a better bet

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
what is the total cost for both the plates and the transfers as a cheque will be in the post as soon as I have info

Ian

28ten

Guv'nor
iploffy said:
what is the total cost for both the plates and the transfers as a cheque will be in the post as soon as I have info

Ian

Patience, patience  :)) wait until I have the transfers in!!

28ten

Guv'nor
A quick update: the wessie is almost in the paint shop so I will be sorting the transfers and some more plates very shortly.

28ten

Guv'nor
Good news! I have sourced the transfers and I should have them in the very early in the New year along with some more etches and access panels

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
Good news! I have sourced the transfers and I should have them in the very early in the New year along with some more etches and access panels

Nice one Cynric.  :thumbs:

Did you manage to find a UK supplier, or did you have to search further afield?

Regards

Dan

Temeraire

Western Thunderer
Hi Cynric,

Hope you had a good Christmas. Please put me down for a set of the etched O/H warning plates. I had a set of the decals
from you when you did the first batch. If you could let me know the cost and your address I'll get a cheque off to you pronto.

All the best.
Anthony

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Temeraire said:
Hi Cynric,

Hope you had a good Christmas. Please put me down for a set of the etched O/H warning plates. I had a set of the decals
from you when you did the first batch.
If you could let me know the cost and your address I'll get a cheque off to you pronto.

All the best.
Anthony

Did I miss the transfers ?