4mm Podimore: Brutalist Vernacular - modelling poured concrete: colouring?

Discussion in 'Layout Progress' started by AJC, 20 July 2018.

1. Yorkshire Dave

Yorkshire Dave Western Thunderer

This would provide an opportunity to use acrylic paint washes (artists acrylics are suitable). I would start with a very pale brown umber wash to see the effect. If not quite right as a pale wash of burnt sienna. You may have to add a touch of yellow.

It's time consuming as you have to let each wash dry. The washes can be built up until the desired effect is achieved.

AJC likes this.
  2. Pencarrow

Pencarrow Western Thunderer

As the resident (un) civil engineer, definitely more light brown/yellow required but the structure looks great. Always pleased when people take the effort to model bridges correctly. Well done that man.

3. Steph Dale

Steph Dale Western Thunderer

Hehe, Chris, you're in good company. A colleague of mine recently remarked that as an engineer he can be both antisocial and civil at the same time.

As a manufacturing/safety engineer I'm not sure I'm in a position to argue... :confused:

Steph

Kane Clements likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Dave

Yorkshire Dave Western Thunderer

There's nothing worse than seeing a model bridge which in reality would collapse. Unless it's held up by art.

AJC likes this.
  5. simond

simond Western Thunderer

as the Bard would have it, I’m just a rude Mechanical...

atb
    Simon

6. AJC

AJC Western Thunderer

You have no idea how hard it is for me to resist making a bad joke at one of my former VCs expense at this point (though that is how we in humanities sometimes referred to him).

Adam

simond likes this.